Royals at ReyLo Game Thread -The ReyLo Game-

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 07:44 PM)
I think he'd genuinely like working with anybody not named Hawk....

They've worked well together this year and have churned out some nice broadcasts, despite the less-than-stellar product on the field.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:48 PM)
They've worked well together this year and have churned out some nice broadcasts, despite the less-than-stellar product on the field.

I just can't take jason seriously, at all. My mom knows more about baseball than he does. Just the questions he is still asking Stone after 250+ games...it's like dude, come on, you should have picked that up by now.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 07:50 PM)
I just can't take jason seriously, at all. My mom knows more about baseball than he does. Just the questions he is still asking Stone after 250+ games...it's like dude, come on, you should have picked that up by now.

I prefer the dumb baseball questions over the nerdy shtick he likes to engage in often.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:50 PM)

These are the dumbest critiques around. He's not asking questions for himself.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:51 PM)
I prefer the dumb baseball questions over the nerdy shtick he likes to engage in often.

"And that's a walk. You know, Stoney, back in 1955 before 80% of the people watchings parents were born, the best player to ever walk was Fasty McWiggington. He was an alcoholic, though. Drank like a fuel tank. And it killed him"

Stone: "---"

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:54 PM)
Actually he is. Remember when he asked Stone what he meant by the catcher being "quiet" behind the plate?

Benetti clearly asks a majority of questions for the audience. He's probably the smartest broadcaster on staff all around.

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)
"And that's a walk. You know, Stoney, back in 1955 before 80% of the people watchings parents were born, the best player to ever walk was Fasty McWiggington. He was an alcoholic, though. Drank like a fuel tank"

And that one right out of Exaggeration Station.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:55 PM)
"And that's a walk. You know, Stoney, back in 1955 before 80% of the people watchings parents were born, the best player to ever walk was Fasty McWiggington. He was an alcoholic, though. Drank like a fuel tank"

Benetti clearly asks a majority of questions for the audience. He's probably the smartest broadcaster on staff all around.

Their stupid running joke about what and what does not count towards the pick to click annoys me, more than it should really.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:54 PM)
Actually he is. Remember when he asked Stone what he meant by the catcher being "quiet" behind the plate?

No, he isn't. Pbp guys ask color guys questions they know the answer to all the time when they think the answer will be interesting to the audience.

QUOTE (ReyLo @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:58 PM)
No, he isn't. Pbp guys ask color guys questions they know the answer to all the time when they think the answer will be interesting to the audience.

We're lucky to have JB, honestly. His credentials are solid as a broadcaster.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 07:57 PM)
Thank god he's retiring because most it's really not that big of an exaggeration.

Yes, thank god we'll be getting twice the Sox Math than we get now because we really need more of that during a baseball broadcast.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:55 PM)
"And that's a walk. You know, Stoney, back in 1955 before 80% of the people watchings parents were born, the best player to ever walk was Fasty McWiggington. He was an alcoholic, though. Drank like a fuel tank. And it killed him"

He really needs to cut down on the jokes. Every dated "since" stat comes with a bad joke

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 09:00 PM)
Yes, thank god we'll be getting twice the Sox Math than we get now because we really need more of that during a baseball broadcast.

I would argue, but I want to complain about those f***ers doing the wave right now.

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 02:00 AM)

For everyone that complains about Hawk taking about old players, it's not much better with Sticks and Stone. I highly doubt much of the audience cares about players from the late 70s