White Sox Winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Sox have split 2 of 4 with the Twins with 1 to go in the series. Tonight was the new and improved James Shields side slingin' his way through the piranhas like .well piranhas through anything oozing blood.

Sox trailed 3-1 late . Leury Garcia solo HR cut it to 3-2 . Leury then doubled in the 8th and Moncada drove him in with a double down the left field line hitting right handed.

After a scoreless top of the 9th by Danny Farquhar , Avi Garcia lined a single to right and was sacrificed to 2nd by Kevan Smith. Timmy Anderson knocked home the winning run with a single to left and an offline throw by Rosario in left field for the Twins.

Sox deserve a winners game thread since Soxtalk was negligent in starting a game thread. Step up your game Soxtalk ! :P

Happy for Tim Anderson. I really can't believe Avi scored on that beautiful single, though. What a miserable throw. How could the 3B coach send Avi on that? He was barely rounding third when the LF got the ball. He should have calmly flung it home not rushed it ... but I'll take it of course.

Happy for Moncada. I don't think he's getting a bad rap on Soxtalk. Some people have expressed concern but you know he's going to be a hitter.

Don't care about Shields. Enjoyed the victory though.

Shields looked pretty good. It looked to me like he had changed his delivery. His arm action was lower, and I think that was keeping the ball down. Most of his pitches had great movement. We'll have to wait and see if whatever changes he made stick.

Leury's catch in CF was amazing. I thought there was no chance for him to get that ball. I like what I've seen from him this year.

I didn't get to see the end of the game live, but watching the highlights was pretty cool. Moncada's clutch double (from the right side) was huge. Anderson with the game winner was nice to see. He had been having a rough game.