Ongoing storm disaster thread

bmags

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 8, 2017 -> 01:33 PM)
With all the projections now predicting a western shift, is it possible Louisiana/New Orleans gets hit?

No, it's still projected to go right up the middle of Florida, we're talking shifts of 20-50 miles or so of the path of the eye. From everything I've read, the models this far out are pretty accurate, so there would have to be a massive failure in the multiple models in all the same way for it to shift that much.

It's pretty much a lock, just wait for results from Broward county to come in and......oh my god.

[sorry for the bad election joke]

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 8, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
No, it's still projected to go right up the middle of Florida, we're talking shifts of 20-50 miles or so of the path of the eye. From everything I've read, the models this far out are pretty accurate, so there would have to be a massive failure in the multiple models in all the same way for it to shift that much.

It's pretty much a lock, just wait for results from Broward county to come in and......oh my god.

[sorry for the bad election joke]

Lol, when you stared talking about the models being accurate, I was thinking of an election joke too

The Atlantic Ocean has generated more "Accumulated Cyclone Energy" (Measure of the energy being expended by storms) today than on any day in recorded history.

Irma appears to be developing a larger eyewall and completing an eyewall replacement cycle. Most recent hurricane hunters pass indicated decreasing central pressures. Storm may be about to strengthen one last time before landfall.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2017 -> 03:10 PM)
Can someone pass on to Jennifer Lawrence that trying to sound dumber than Rush Limbaugh shouldn't be a thing?

Blaming the hurricanes on climate change and saying Irma isn't a big deal are two very different things. Especially when Irma will level the entire state of Florida.