8-31 Games

joejoedairy

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 02:27 PM)
It feels like Gillaspie has done better than he actually has since coming to Charlotte.

His numbers are kind of deceiving. Since coming to the Sox his BA has dropped a touch but his walk rate has improved a touch. I think being on base more is why it feels like he's been better. Plus, I thiink Gillaspie is a guy that genuinely needed a change of scenery that could offer him better opportunities at the big league level. Looking up at the log jam the Rays had must been kind of discouraging. He'll get his chance with the Sox no doubt.

His HR rate has gone from 2.5% with the Rays to 5.4% in his time with the Sox.

His BA is down a bit, but OBP and SLG show signs that he is coming around over the last 10, hes slashing .242/.297/.515.

Its a small sample, but their are indicators he is coming to life.

Good start by Cease tonight. Good to see him getting through 6 innings effectively.

Sheets doesn't get talked about a lot here, but I like the season he's having. Strong BB:K rate and hits a lot of fly balls and line drives. Those outs should start turning into XBH and HRs if he develops his power.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 09:22 PM)
Good start by Cease tonight. Good to see him getting through 6 innings effectively.

Sheets doesn't get talked about a lot here, but I like the season he's having. Strong BB:K rate and hits a lot of fly balls and line drives. Those outs should start turning into XBH and HRs if he develops his power.

Cease is going to develop a complex. He's 0-8 since getting to Winston Salem despite never giving up more than 3 runs.