2017-2018 MLB player movement rumors and reports

southsider2k5

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is really cool.

USA TODAY Sports‏Verified account @usatodaysports 44m44 minutes ago Rangers pitcher Cole Hamels donates 32,000-square-foot mansion and 100 acres of land to camp for children with special needs and chronic illnesses.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/local/2...abas/956053001/

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 03:29 PM)
Now that is really cool.

USA TODAY Sports‏Verified account @usatodaysports 44m44 minutes ago Rangers pitcher Cole Hamels donates 32,000-square-foot mansion and 100 acres of land to camp for children with special needs and chronic illnesses.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/local/2...abas/956053001/

WOW. Awesome, Cole. These are the type of stories we need.

Edited by soxfan2014

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale 59m59 minutes ago The Atlanta #Braves carry out promise to Adrian Gonzalez and officially releases him. He is still getting paid $21.5 million and is now willing to play for the minimum salary. He prefers to stay relatively close to his San Diego home, but most of all, is seeking playing time

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 09:49 PM)
Jon Heyman‏Verified account

@JonHeyman

29s29 seconds ago

More

after taking 2017 off, jake peavy is trying for a comeback in 2018. wouldn't bet against him.

Jake might be an interesting and relatively cheap option for us to look at to fill the veteran pitching role and help the young pitchers develop.He is a competitor. One year contract

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 07:06 PM)
Jake might be an interesting and relatively cheap option for us to look at to fill the veteran pitching role and help the young pitchers develop.He is a competitor. One year contract

I dislike this reputation of Jake Peavy as a competitor or a useful veteran. He talked a big game and could never back it up, and never knew when to shut his mouth when he wasn't backing it up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 06:03 PM)
I dislike this reputation of Jake Peavy as a competitor or a useful veteran. He talked a big game and could never back it up, and never knew when to shut his mouth when he wasn't backing it up.

Anyone who can comeback to pitch in the MLB after that injury and surgery is one tough MFer, has my respect and is an ultimate competitor.

Buster Olney‏Verified account @Buster_ESPN 1h1 hour ago You can assume the Mets are among teams kicking around idea of pursuing long-time All-Star Adrian Gonzalez. They're looking for a short-term add-on at the position; when healthy, he's a good hitter/defender; was just cut by ATL, and costs nothing more than minimum salary in '18.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 11:52 PM)
Still got the picture of it as my avatar to this day from his surgery.

I was at the game he blew that thing out. It was obviously bothering him because when he warmed up before the game, he threw about 5 pitches. I remember telling my friend, that was pretty weird. A little later, he is walking off the mound. I think he made it to the second inning IIRC>

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2017 -> 12:57 PM)

I'm sure this is NOT how the Giants anticipated their offseason going :lol:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)

Poor giants, though with the way FA is going, they might be able to clean up with a bunch of guys in January.