2017-2018 MLB player movement rumors and reports

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 01:27 PM)

Wow, over $13 million per year for a #5 starting pitcher. Front end/mid rotation guys should ask for the moon.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 12:31 PM)
Wow, over $13 million per year for a #5 starting pitcher. Front end/mid rotation guys should ask for the moon.

Just looking back at the past 5 years, it seems like back-end guys have been getting over $10m a year. I'm not too surprised.

Also, his numbers on the road are better than at home (for Col). He's gotta be better than Lackey.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 01:43 PM)
Getting traded would be bad because I imagine anyone trading for him would open up their checkbook to sign him.

Machado has no reason to not play this season out and select where he wants to sign next offseason. I wouldn't worry if he got traded, but I'd prefer he were dealt during the season so there would be no draft compensation attached.

I don't love giving up a second round pick if we wouldn't have to

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/12/orio...der-tejada.html

The Orioles are interested in a reunion with free-agenty righty Miguel Gonzalez and are one of at least three clubs to show interest in the 33-year-old thus far in the offseason, reports Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun. Gonzalez, who’ll turn 34 next May, made 27 starts between the White Sox and Rangers last year, logging a rather pedestrian 4.62 ERA with 5.8 K/9, 3.2 BB/9 and a 36.7 percent ground-ball rate over the life of 156 innings. Gonzalez spent the first four seasons of his career, 2012-15, as a member of the Orioles’ rotation and has enjoyed the most success of his career wearing an O’s uniform. He’s hardly a high-upside option, but the O’s are looking to add as many as three starters to the rotation this offseason, and Gonzalez could likely be had on a one-year deal, so he could conceivably step into the fifth slot in the Baltimore rotation next year.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 03:55 PM)
Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal

9s

Source: #Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from #Marlins.

Wow, Dee Gordon and $1mil international bonus money for just Seattle's #2 who scouts are low on and two other prospects not on their top 30. Obviously the rankings are outdated and all three could be on, but that seems relatively cheap. Makes you wonder what they are asking for Yelich and Ozuna.

Edited by GenericUserName

Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account @jcrasnick 3h3 hours ago Mike Fiers turned down a 2-year offer in the $10-11M range from #Orioles to sign for one year and $6M with #Tigers. If he throws 170-180 innings in Detroit this year, Fiers has a chance to more than make up the difference in arbitration as a 5-plus player a year from now.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 05:55 PM)
Wow, Dee Gordon and $1mil international bonus money for just Seattle's #2 who scouts are low on and two other prospects not on their top 30. Obviously the rankings are outdated and all three could be on, but that seems relatively cheap. Makes you wonder what they are asking for Yelich and Ozuna.

Shame that Miami didn't have the pitching,. because the rest of their roster is actually filled with solid players: Yelich, Ozuna, Realmuto, Bour, Stanton

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 04:55 PM)

Well, marlins were ready to give gordon away last year. Good play by m's but I'm not shocked at all by price.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 10:02 AM)

Dude must have a tough time pitching at 6 foot 7. I've never seen a walk rate that bad for someone who barely touches 90 mph and throws 90% FB and changeup.

Bernie Pleskoff‏Verified account @BerniePleskoff 8m8 minutes ago Interesting rumor-#Mets get Profar from #Rangers for Matt Harvey. Just a rumor being discussed on MLB TV. Both would get a fresh start, that's for sure. I think Profar has lots left in his tank and has never had a chance. I still think he can play CF.

Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account @jcrasnick 35m35 minutes ago The #Royals have let teams know reliever Joakim Soria is available. He’ll make $9 million next year, and they’d like to move some money. Jason Hammel could also be available in trade. Like Soria, he’s signed for $9 million in 2018.