NLCS: Cubs vs. Dodgers

LittleHurt05

While the cub pen without Davis is not pretty, the guys out there have experience so you roll with it and hope for the best.

Also every one of the Dodgers pitchers can be hit hard.

While Kershaw is an ace, the playoffs do not reflect this as much as you would think. Hill and Darvish are nice pitchers but by no means do they have a history of dominating a team.

The cubs need to hit, if they do not it's over tonight. They have pieces to plug in and roll with, the Dodgers do not. You are relying on Bryant and Rizzo to hit not Granderson and Utley.

I like Quintana/Lester/Hendricks over Kershaw/Hill/Darvish in a best of three. Problem is, cubs need a sweep. They have shown resiliency in the past.

The issue tonight, Quintana can be pitching well and still not get out of the 6th inning......they can go to Lester for a couple tonight and even to close the game then he can still go Saturday.

A cub win tonight and all bets are off.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)
While the cub pen without Davis is not pretty, the guys out there have experience so you roll with it and hope for the best.

Also every one of the Dodgers pitchers can be hit hard.

While Kershaw is an ace, the playoffs do not reflect this as much as you would think. Hill and Darvish are nice pitchers but by no means do they have a history of dominating a team.

The cubs need to hit, if they do not it's over tonight. They have pieces to plug in and roll with, the Dodgers do not. You are relying on Bryant and Rizzo to hit not Granderson and Utley.

I like Quintana/Lester/Hendricks over Kershaw/Hill/Darvish in a best of three. Problem is, cubs need a sweep. They have shown resiliency in the past.

The issue tonight, Quintana can be pitching well and still not get out of the 6th inning......they can go to Lester for a couple tonight and even to close the game then he can still go Saturday.

A cub win tonight and all bets are off.

Last night didn't surprise me, as it was always going to be a favorable pitching matchup for the Cubs and Roberts trotted out an awful lineup for the Dodgers. Tonight things massively favor the Dodgers. In that sense, I think if the Cubs win anyway momentum and Dodger choke-itude become factors.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 02:29 PM)
I put another 3K on Dodgers RL.

Nice, I always have faith in your betting hunches. I just really worry about the Dodgers getting hits against Q, I think he's gonna shine. But if there ever was a time for Kershaw to kill those postseason demons it would be now, because even a loss leaves them two more chances.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 02:48 PM)
Did you put on money on the yankees or astros?

I bet on the astros the first 2 games. Bet over on game 3 and game 4, and then bet on the astros in game 5.

So I have only lost one bet so far, but as for predicting the winners, I guess you gotta ride the home team in this series.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 02:47 PM)
Nice, I always have faith in your betting hunches. I just really worry about the Dodgers getting hits against Q, I think he's gonna shine. But if there ever was a time for Kershaw to kill those postseason demons it would be now, because even a loss leaves them two more chances.

I think Q gets shelled tonight. I don't think he's pitched this much in his career and I don't think the Dodgers want to give the Cubs any momentum. Kershaw wants to shake his boogey man and the Dodgers roll. Probably a similar scoreline to game 1, 5-2.

Another decision why I think they will win is you're most certainly going to see Hernandez and Forsythe tonight and those guys are better offensively against LHP versus Utley and Granderson against RHP. Forsythe has AL experience and has seen Q before more than most of the Dodgers.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
I bet on the astros the first 2 games. Bet over on game 3 and game 4, and then bet on the astros in game 5.

So I have only lost one bet so far, but as for predicting the winners, I guess you gotta ride the home team in this series.

Not bad.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 02:58 PM)
I think Q gets shelled tonight. I don't think he's pitched this much in his career and I don't think the Dodgers want to give the Cubs any momentum. Kershaw wants to shake his boogey man and the Dodgers roll. Probably a similar scoreline to game 1, 5-2.

You are good at this.