NLCS: Cubs vs. Dodgers

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 08:01 PM)
That was bittersweet to watch

Yeah, that kinda sucks. I've been hyping him up to my Cubs fan wife the past few weeks and then this happens. I definitely prefer the Cubs to lose, just not on Q's watch.

Fans who don't know better already questioned the trade, even though it seems like a winner for both sides. Hopefully he is not the off-season whipping boy when the offense and bullpen are so at fault.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 02:58 PM)
I think Q gets shelled tonight. I don't think he's pitched this much in his career and I don't think the Dodgers want to give the Cubs any momentum. Kershaw wants to shake his boogey man and the Dodgers roll. Probably a similar scoreline to game 1, 5-2.

Good call my man! :cheers

I am enjoying this so much.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 08:23 PM)
I feel like a lot of Cubs fans felt like this thing was over a few days ago. I don’t think Q will get too much s***, and next year, he should be a workhorse for them and earn at least some brownie points.

True, and I think a lot of those critics ignored his contract status, the trade wasn't for one year like Chapman was.

Meanwhile, if the Dodgers blow this, Kershaw better retire immediately, he is cursed.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 06:40 PM)
Cubs Twitter is pretty pissed. What a grade trade by Hahn. Wish Q the best but man he has not had the impact they hoped.

To be fair, Q didn't give up the grand slam nor did he give up the following two runs. Not the start he wanted, but this has been a failure of most of their pitching staff.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 08:40 PM)
Cubs Twitter is pretty pissed. What a grade trade by Hahn. Wish Q the best but man he has not had the impact they hoped.

Eh he had the highest WAR of their SP in the 2nd half and his first two playoff starts he pitched fine, hardly a bad acquisition for them thus far.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 08:59 PM)
To be fair, Q didn't give up the grand slam nor did he give up the following two runs. Not the start he wanted, but this has been a failure of most of their pitching staff.

I could tell, as probably a lot of Sox fans, that he didnt have his A game tonight by about the end of the second. The Dodgers are just an awesome team.

QUOTE (Nokona @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)
Q is going to have to endure an entire offseason of mouthbreathers like Kaplan going in on him.

I wonder how he'll take to it

My God, Kaplan is such a moron. How he's employed/respected is beyond me. His lack of baseball knowledge is just depressing

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 09:09 PM)
Eh he had the highest WAR of their SP in the 2nd half and his first two playoff starts he pitched fine, hardly a bad acquisition for them thus far.

I don't think anybody here doubts that it was a great acquisition for the Cubs. We just would hate to see him get the wrath of the ignorant fans all off-season, these are the people that treat David Ross like an all time legend.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 09:38 PM)
My God, Kaplan is such a moron. How he's employed/respected is beyond me. His lack of baseball knowledge is just depressing

Agreed. Kaplan is everything that annoys me about cub fans and more. He's an over opinionated idiot that knows everything about absolutely nothing.