Cafardo: White Sox Likely to Pursue JBJ

professa

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 09:57 AM)
Where did the idea of JBJ or Abreu even come from? I haven't seen that suggested anywhere other than this site.

Right before I mentioned that I would not want to deal any significant prospects for JBJ, and I don't like the fit of an Avi or Abreu to Boston deal if JBJ is the main piece coming back is what I meant. Basically I don't see a JBJ deal happening.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 09:01 AM)
Right before I mentioned that I would not want to deal any significant prospects for JBJ, and I don't like the fit of an Avi or Abreu to Boston deal if JBJ is the main piece coming back is what I meant. Basically I don't see a JBJ deal happening.

Wasn't fully directed at you but I've just seen it in this thread and possibly others. My bad.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 06:37 PM)
I'd do it too.

I don't think Rodon has much trade value with all the injury issues. Our best bet is to let him rehab and come back.

He also hasn't nearly "Broken Out" yet. He's the kind of guy I'd be ok with us acquiring if he wasn't on our roster to give a shot to - big time talent, hasn't put things together yet. No one would be surprised if he came out and dropped a 2.50 ERA some year, but he's not that pitcher yet.

I've just got a bad feeling about him not breaking out with us.

From current article:

Dave Dombrowski has said he’s not interested in moving Jackie Bradley Jr., but the Giants and Royals will likely keep inquiring. Should the Red Sox acquire a power-hitting outfielder, they could deal Bradley and move Andrew Benintendi to center.

Originally:

hXV7xCZ.png