Speculation - Sox potential landing spot for Ichiro

knightni

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2017 -> 07:49 AM)
As long as Jerry keeps Kenny around, Ichiro can always have a spot on the roster here.

Seriously. A KW move if I've ever seen one.

Would be pretty cool as a fan though and for the players. And he would have "White Sox" team name as part of his HOF plaque forever. :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

I guess I don't have the fascination some have of once great players that can't play anymore suiting up for the White Sox. This guy is basically JB Shuck at this point, and he is only going to get worse.

There has to be someone a little more interesting available to take up a roster space.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 27, 2017 -> 02:07 PM)
For those that didn’t read article, it was nothing more than listing potential places he could land due to roster. There is no actual smoke here.

yeah...saw it was a CBS article and kinda chuckled. Slow news day for them.....

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 27, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
The “Kenny got his guy team”

1B: Darrin Erstad

2B: Roberto Alomar

3B: Kevin Youkilous

SS: Omar Vizquel

LF: Manny Ramirez

CF:KGJ

RF: Ichiro

C: Sandy Alomar Jr.

DH: Carl Everett

Looks like a winner to me!

Either DH or 1B has to be Thome.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 27, 2017 -> 08:03 AM)
Don't see the point but if for some reason the Sox signed Ichiro, I wouldn't complain.

This is how I feel. Just the name alone means something kind of like Steve Carlton, Tom Seaver and Ken Griffey, Jr.. I would always hope that if he joined the Sox (won't happen) he'd have a lot to offer as a player/coach. The guy could hit and field and throw. He'd surely have pearls of wisdom to share.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Dec 27, 2017 -> 10:20 PM)
This is how I feel. Just the name alone means something kind of like Steve Carlton, Tom Seaver and Ken Griffey, Jr.. I would always hope that if he joined the Sox (won't happen) he'd have a lot to offer as a player/coach. The guy could hit and field and throw. He'd surely have pearls of wisdom to share.

At some point I'd rather take the money spent on a guy like this who probably last year made as much as our head coach and just hire better coaches.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 27, 2017 -> 05:57 PM)
I didn't include him because Jim wasn't well past his prime.

He was past his prime when the White Sox got him, and sending Rowand to get him was an overpay and IMO part of the reason the 2006 team didn't make the playoffs (CF was brutally bad for that team). The Sox were very fortunate that Thome's age 35-37 seasons were as productive as they were.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
He was past his prime when the White Sox got him, and sending Rowand to get him was an overpay and IMO part of the reason the 2006 team didn't make the playoffs (CF was brutally bad for that team). The Sox were very fortunate that Thome's age 35-37 seasons were as productive as they were.

They really could have just held onto Rowand and gambled on Thomas being healthy (they were gambling on Thome being healthy anyway).