I-90 Accident

Queen Prawn

I use to fear 94/90/294 then I moved to the border. Imagine two cultures and their driving norms and traditions mixing? For example in Mexico if you are merging onto a busier highway and there is traffic you are expected to stop on the ramp and wait for traffic to clear. Now imagine a US driver behind them looking over his/her shoulder and accelerating hoping to get into traffic. Of course it happens on both sides of the border. In 7 years I have seen more bad accidents on Expressway 83 between Browsville and McAllen Texas than any expressway in Chicago in 35 years.

My prayers are with all those families.

Just from my experiences, some of those big rig drivers are "cowboys". These people are dangerous. They don't think they should have to slow down or yield, ever. It's like they think they have the right of way because they are bigger.

I know some very good rig drivers, so I'm not bashing them as a whole. But, some of these jokers have no business on our nation's highways.

Just from my experiences, some of those big rig drivers are "cowboys".  These people are dangerous.  They don't think they should have to slow down or yield, ever.  It's like they think they have the right of way because they are bigger.

I know some very good rig drivers, so I'm not bashing them as a whole.  But, some of these jokers have no business on our nation's highways.

Believe it or not, most of the crashes truck drivers are involved in are not the fault of the truck driver. While "cowboys" are a problem, especially when they're operating an 80,000 lb. bullet, the real problem starts at the Secretary of State where it is entirely too easy for citizens..... as a whole..... to get a drivers license.

Just from my experiences, some of those big rig drivers are "cowboys".  These people are dangerous.  They don't think they should have to slow down or yield, ever.  It's like they think they have the right of way because they are bigger.

I know some very good rig drivers, so I'm not bashing them as a whole.  But, some of these jokers have no business on our nation's highways.

Believe it or not, most of the crashes truck drivers are involved in are not the fault of the truck driver. While "cowboys" are a problem, especially when they're operating an 80,000 lb. bullet, the real problem starts at the Secretary of State where it is entirely too easy for citizens..... as a whole..... to get a drivers license.

Spending several hours a day in traffic on 294 and 290, it seems that there are tons of truckers and drivers who shouldn't have licenses. I cringe every time I see a compact car cut off an 18 wheeler (or when I see an 18 wheeler cut off an 18 wheeler for that matter!).