2018 Democrats thread

southsider2k5

You've lost your mind if you think the people you are debating don't have any perspective on minorities, while only you do.  But this the arrogance that continues to elect people like Donald Trump, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm so fascinated by your editorializing. If you had a super power it'd be putting words and arguments in peoples' mouths for them and responding to your own made up argument with impeccable faux outrage.

2 minutes ago, Reddy said:

I'm so fascinated by your editorializing. If you had a super power it'd be putting words and arguments in peoples' mouths for them and responding to your own made up argument with impeccable faux outrage.

It would probably behoove you to stop invalidating people for their race/sex/orientation if you actually are trying to pretend that you aren't actively looking down on people for them.

57 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Don't like it, don't use the corporation?  That's apparently what you don't understand. 

We don't have that choice really. They control everything, from food distribution to banking and more. If you want to starve to death and be homeless while doing so, you have a choice. If you have a problem with an entire industry, but your means of survival is dependent upon buying their products, you have no choice. It is an illusion. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

We don't have that choice really. They control everything, from food distribution to banking and more. If you want to starve to death and be homeless while doing so, you have a choice. If you have a problem with an entire industry, but your means of survival is dependent upon buying their products, you have no choice. It is an illusion. 

You do.  As you said previously, you can go somewhere else.  You can farm and feed yourself.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

You do.  As you said previously, you can go somewhere else.  You can farm and feed yourself.

Where can you farm without having to buy land? Don't have the $ for the land to farm? Call the bank. You have no Choice unless you're independently wealthy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Where can you farm without having to buy land? Don't have the $ for the land to farm? Call the bank. You have no Choice unless you're independently wealthy. 

Guess who the biggest landowner in the United States is?  Guess who tells if you own land in the first place, and can kick you off of it if you don't pay enough?

3 hours ago, Reddy said:

Because if the way he speaks hurts our mobilization efforts with the BASE of our party, he's a fucking liability as a candidate! How is this hard to grasp?

I doubt it hurts mobilization efforts any more than calling those voters Superpredators.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Your points are not fair here.  I am not talking about people willing to follow proper channels.  I am clearly talking about absolutely refusing to work with the government.  Refusing to pay taxes.  Refusing to respond.  Unlike corporations that you can, you cannot ignore the federal government.  By JPs definition, they quite literally own us.

You mean the people who want the benefits of having a society without having to pay for it? Sorry, I have no sympathy for what happens to them. As far as I'm concerned, all libertarians can go occupy a patch of land somewhere and play thunderdome on it until they've killed themselves off, because that's essentially what they seem to want society to be.

• Like 1

I doubt it hurts mobilization efforts any more than calling those voters Superpredators.

Then why on Earth would minority voters have supported Clinton over Bernie in a landslide? C'mon. Think for a second.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/why-black-voters-dont-feel-the-bern-213707 

Edited by Reddy

You mean the people who want the benefits of having a society without having to pay for it? Sorry, I have no sympathy for what happens to them. As far as I'm concerned, all libertarians can go occupy a patch of land somewhere and play thunderdome on it until they've killed themselves off, because that's essentially what they seem to want society to be.

Omg we agree on something. (Reality is we probably agree on 95% of things)

3 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Then why on Earth would minority voters have supported Clinton over Bernie in a landslide? C'mon. Think for a second.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/why-black-voters-dont-feel-the-bern-213707 

The only answer here is President Donald Trump.  Style over substance.  The Clintons were the masters of it until Trump came along to dethrone them as the King of getting people to vote against their own interests.

The only answer here is President Donald Trump.  Style over substance.  The Clintons were the masters of it until Trump came along to dethrone them as the King of getting people to vote against their own interests.

Are you arguing that minorities voted for Donald Trump at a higher rate than they usually vote for Republicans?

Trump helped suppressed black votes. Well, Bannon strategies, more specifically.

Superpredators and the 2008 South Carolina primary where Bill Clinton undid 30 years of political history getting African Americans on his side didn’t exactly help matters.

Finally, Obama’s heart wasn’t behind You’re Likeable Enough Hillary...unfortunately, he didn’t realize until too late the threat he posed to his own legacy achievements.   Of course, you could say the same for her campaign/Mook, and Comey, for that matter.  The perfect storm of overconfidence/hubris on all sides, and 87,000 votes in three states neglected by Dems.

Edited by caulfield12

16 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

I honestly believe that there are people out there like Greg, who really would be Democrats, but they get worried that if you give Democrats control they are going to go insane on social issues. At some point people need to realize social progress takes a long time and you cant fix it overnight.  Its my belief that the country is becoming more socially progressive every day, but you cant just expect people to accept huge societal social change over night.

3 elections ago we had the first black president. The first woman to run for President came damn close to winning it. There are still people alive who were born before Born vs the Board of Education. 

I am giving up now. I want Bernie and only Bernie. We have given traditional politics many tries and what do we get?? We get unsulted and pillaged of our money. Health care is now my No. 1 concern. Because in the last 10 years we've now finally gotten to the point those assholes running health care companies refuse to pay for our health care expenses even if we buy the maximum coverage of insurance. Again ... how many of the middle class save their entire lives, have a worth of about 500,000 bucks which could be a good chunk in retirement, but NOOOOOOOO. A trip to the hospital and you will have to pay 70-80 percent of the bill because of the pathetic health care situation we are in. So I now want FREE coverage for all and Bernie is the only guy to give us that. I also want free college education for kids now because the colleges have fooled society into thinking they need to charge kids 50,000 bucks a semester or school year for fricking in state tuition. Ridiculous. 

And guns. I want none on the street anymore to protect the grade schoolers and high schoolers and movie theatre goers. Bernie will do that. And I want social security to stay and you just know it's going away soon.

BERNIE IS THE ANSWER and the only answer right now cause Ventura is un-electable. Bernie can win. Cmon Millenials, go for your first president.

Greg, Bernie Sanders most definitely is not the one to lead the charge to take away guns...research the positions of any Vermont politician on this, political suicide to go after the Second Amendment.  It’s worse than threatening to raise taxes as a policy/platform issue.

• Like 1

I am giving up now. I want Bernie and only Bernie. We have given traditional politics many tries and what do we get?? We get unsulted and pillaged of our money. Health care is now my No. 1 concern. Because in the last 10 years we've now finally gotten to the point those assholes running health care companies refuse to pay for our health care expenses even if we buy the maximum coverage of insurance. Again ... how many of the middle class save their entire lives, have a worth of about 500,000 bucks which could be a good chunk in retirement, but NOOOOOOOO. A trip to the hospital and you will have to pay 70-80 percent of the bill because of the pathetic health care situation we are in. So I now want FREE coverage for all and Bernie is the only guy to give us that. I also want free college education for kids now because the colleges have fooled society into thinking they need to charge kids 50,000 bucks a semester or school year for fricking in state tuition. Ridiculous. 

And guns. I want none on the street anymore to protect the grade schoolers and high schoolers and movie theatre goers. Bernie will do that. And I want social security to stay and you just know it's going away soon.

BERNIE IS THE ANSWER and the only answer right now cause Ventura is un-electable. Bernie can win. Cmon Millenials, go for your first president.

Bernie has been in the pocket of the NRA for his whole career...

And there are a number of Democratic Presidential hopefuls who support Medicare for All and free college tuition. So... 

It is FASCINATING to see that the Rush Limbaugh/Bernie crossover support is a real thing. We really do need to improve education in this country.

Edited by Reddy

1 minute ago, Reddy said:

And there are a number of Democratic Presidential hopefuls who support Medicare for All and free college tuition. So... 

The Republicans with their tax cut and bloated budget deficits for the foreseeable future make anything more than subsidized community college/vo tech...some infrastructure spending (nothing like the hundreds of billions being spent here in China each year)...and watered down health care reform possible.

I’m not sure how much these “Better Deals” will resonate...at any rate, health care is the most pressing 2018 election issue to voters, as of today.

16 minutes ago, Reddy said:

This is just 100% bullshit.  I guess when you don't like a politician you can just make up things about them.