**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 08:33 AM)
This was exactly what Trump and Fox News (certainly after the bloom wore off the rose in 2010) were calling Obama, or worse.

Let's not forget that Trump wouldn't even acknowledge for many years that Obama was an American citizen, nor had he the right to be president. Or the times that they said Obama wasn't patriotic simply because he didn't wear an American flag lapel pin.

"THIS GUY" was a much more racist term in many parts of the US that refused to believe that an African-American was in charge of their country for the first time after 220 years of white males.

Don't you remember "YOU LIE!!!" being shouted at him during a SOTU speech by Representative Joe Wilson, Greg?

Remember I miss some of the political stuff. I thought "this guy" sounded weird coming out of Matthews' mouth. It was like some peon announcer on TV was taking a stand refusing to call Trump the President or by his name. I thought it was disrespectful. Not trying to compare to Obama perhaps because I liked Obama. If you say Obama to me I think "White Sox fan" and I think "class act." He is a classy guy IMO. Say "Trump" to me and really I think of the word "chump."

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 02:37 PM)
I think it's time I block greg, his posts absolutely make my blood boil.

It is not my intent to anger you. Pardon me for thinking "that guy" was weird on a TV show coming out of Matthews' mouth.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 04:05 PM)
You are right greg. People didn't refer to Obama as "this guy". If they had, it would have been a compliment. They called him much, much worse.

Then they should be ashamed. At least show some respect to the guy "we" elected. He's the US's president folks.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 04:15 PM)
Alot of smart people are saying you will thrive under this policy

I still feel many hate me because I speak my mind. The world is round folks. Not everybody is meant to agree with each other.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 04:15 PM)
Greg,

Every day in office for 8 years, Obama was disrespected by republicans, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh...all of the places you go for a few minutes to see what's up. Did you miss it? He's out of office now, but they still give him crap. Maybe not every day anymore. Trump has blatantly lied more than any other president. Why is it bad to call him out on it? Why do they still give Obama crap for saying "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan". Why is that OK, and Trump's big beautiful wall will only cost $8 billion because that is what he does, and oh by the way, Mexico is going to pay for the wall, and now he needs $25 billion for said wall, which he now admits wouldn't be nearly as long or bold as it was when it was $8 billion, since he went on an expedition and discovered there are places on the border a wall could not be built?

Well it's OK to disagree with the President of course. I don't remember people calling Obama names or using the "that guy" routine on him. If Rush was calling Obama names well I don't agree with Rush there. I think we can all agree Obama represented the USA quite well. He never did anything I would consider rude or crude. For that I applaud him. s***, I voted for the guy at least once, maybe both times I forget. Or maybe I sat one of 'em out.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 07:06 PM)
There’s no escaping greg. Even if you block him, you’ll see all the responses to his outlandish posts. The best you can do is hope it’s all an act and try to look the other way.

Contrary to popular opinion, I do read the responses to my claims on here. I take them into consideration. If it seems I don't, then my bad. It's just when I post I feel strongly about the subject matter. You must at least give me that. I hold my breath until I become passionate about a post/issue. Why can't you accept my posts and realize they are good intentioned.

The memo almost definitely does not have accurate, damaging information on the FBI and DOJ, though. That seems pretty obvious given both their responses so far (consider that both are led by Trump appointees, not Obama-era people), and that the people who are making the accusations are known liars. I mean, these two sentences:

They have no incentive to be honest and transparent. They also have no track record of exhibiting either of those traits.

can very easily be applied to Nunes and co., too. They've shown incentive to lie for Trump in the past, and how they're going about things now is very shady and overtly political.

Nunes hasn’t even shared any of the classified information with Burr, head of the Senate investigation and a member of his own party.

Alot of the memo eventually is going to be out of context or redacted...so we’ll have lots more opportunities for guys like Ron Johnson to claim Deep State conspiracies and then quietly walk those comments back days later. The main reason it exists is to cook a case against Rosenstein to finally fire him and undermine Mueller’s credibility.

Ryan is really going to make running for President difficult for himself if Trump is ever impeached. The hyper partisan nature of both memos (and the Dems will leak theirs if the GOP tries to block the rebuttal) means that nobody will get anything close to the objective truth, which is going to hurt the FBI and further erode trust between that agency and the executive branch.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics/mar...ails/index.html

Here are Hope Hicks' qualifications to make such a statement. Btw, is sleeping with that idiot Corey Lewandowski an attribute for a CV/resume?

Hicks was a teenage model having posed for a Ralph Lauren campaign with her older sister Mary Grace, and was the face of the Hourglass Adventures novels about a time-traveling 10-year-old.[4] She was the cover model for The It Girl (2005), the first novel in the series by Cecily von Ziegesar.[15]

She attended Greenwich High School, where she was co-captain of the lacrosse team, and graduated in 2006.[13][16][17] She attended Southern Methodist University, where she majored in English and played on a club lacrosse program she helped start. She graduated in 2010.[13][4][18]

Career

Hicks started in public relations with the New York City firm Zeno Group.[19]

Hicks began working for public relations firm Hiltzik Strategies in 2012, after meeting the firm's founder at an NFL Super Bowl event, working for among others its client Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump's daughter, on her fashion line, and then on other Trump ventures.[13][20]

In August 2014 she joined The Trump Organization full-time.[9] Hicks worked for Ivanka Trump inside Trump Tower, helping expand her fashion label (the Ivanka Trump Collection) and modeling for her online store.[21] In October 2014 she began working directly for Donald Trump in The Trump Organization.[22]

In January 2015, Donald Trump earmarked Hicks, who was 26 years old at the time, for the role of press secretary for his potential presidential campaign.[23][24] Donald Trump summoned her to his office and, as she tells it, "Mr. Trump looked at me and said, 'I'm thinking about running for president, and you're going to be my press secretary.'"[21] Until that time, she had never worked in politics, nor volunteered on a campaign.[25] After Trump's first primary victories, Hicks was asked to choose between staying with the Trump Organization or working on the campaign full-time. She initially decided to leave the campaign, but Trump convinced her to remain and she stayed on as press secretary.[13]

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 04:53 PM)
If the memo has damning info on the FBI and DOJ what are they going to do? Get out ahead and say that it's all accurate? They have no incentive to be honest and transparent. They also have no track record of exhibiting either of those traits.

Why wouldnt the FBI say it was all accurate? The people who run those werent the people who ran them during the time period in question. Wouldnt the best way to put a cloud over the entire thing be for the FBI/DOJ to say "The people before us did all these bad things and the Nunes memo proves it."

There is something extremely odd with Republican's cannibalizing the FBI. The FBI is leans Republican, just like most law enforcement. I dont even know how some of them can actually look at themselves in the mirror about what they are trying to do to Mueller. But at this point I just have to let it all play out.

At the end of the day one of the core reasons that I am a liberal, is I believe in democracy and that means sometimes other people will disagree with and sometimes the votes dont go my way. But I really believe in the basic ideas of our system, and I have to believe that in something this important the facts will come out. Otherwise the system is nothing, So I just have to wait.

Has a Republican (or Democratic administration, for that matter) ever publicly attacked its own FBI, DOJ, CIA and NSA in the same calendar year?

Even one of those agencies?

They have no incentive to be honest and transparent. They also have no track record of exhibiting either of those traits.

Since when has the FBI been dishonest and not transparent in the modern age?

Are we talking about abuses under J. Edgar Hoover?

Rosenstein and Mueller are REPUBLICANS. What is their POSSIBLE MOTIVE to help Hillary or hurt Trump? Comey, from all appearances, fits the political profile to a TEE as well. Even McCabe voted in the Republican presidential primaries, despite his wife being tarred and feathered as a Clinton stooge/benefactor.

Another grand conspiracy...that they want to purge Trump and put either Pence or Ryan (whoever emerges unscathed from the ashes) in charge of the country without a vote?

Here's an example of this crap:

Peter Strzok was transferred to HR where access to all of the deep agents and employees communication records are kept. Access to all of their communications are being thoroughly purged so that the Inspector General can’t piece together the Pro Clinton/ Anti Trump activity found on the seventh floor. They, Wray and Sessions and Mueller are depending on Strzok and his aides to diminish the evidence available on the FBI Department and Justice Department Revolutionary’s records of meetings, contacts and conspiracies to overthrow the United States Government,

The main weakness is that Obama, Clapper, Rogers, Brennen (should be Brennan) and the Clintons didn’t start until they were surprised by Trump’s win.

Trump moved to New Jersey while the entire White House was “Sniffed”, cleared and cleaned with new security equipment installed. Notice no real leaks now.

MIKE ROGERS IS YET ANOTHER REPUBLICAN!!!!!!

The Inspector General's office has been working on their own report for a year and now Nunes' committee is attempting to block its release as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lanny Davis claims FBI Deep State was actually in the bag for Trump in 2016, led by Giuliani and Kallstrom

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/371755...t-elected-trump

Edited by caulfield12

https://sports.yahoo.com/south-carolinas-go...-205154018.html

“If you don’t stand for the National Anthem while watching the Super Bowl at home or at a party, coordinated drone strikes/snipers should take you out”...SC Governor Henry McMaster

(okay, a bit of hyperbole but would anyone really be surprised?)

This same governor:

COLUMBIA

S.C. Lt. Gov. Henry McMaster will take his membership in the all-white Forest Lake Club with him to the Governor’s Mansion.

A pair of Democrats say the state’s next Republican governor must quit that membership to truly represent all of South Carolina.

However, a Republican in the state’s GOP-controlled Legislature says the membership is a non-issue.

McMaster, a member of the exclusive club for more than three decades, has no plans to quit the country club, his spokesman told The State.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/politics-gove...l#storylink=cpy

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 11:54 PM)
I do think the Intelligence Community will fight back, right or wrong

attacking our own intelligence committee with partisan political crap to shield someone from investigation is dumb in itself. They are burning every single bridge possible and its moronic. If they truly didnt do anything wrong, then forget all of this crap and smokescreens and do your actual job.

Christopher Wray pretty much has to resign as soon as that memo comes out today or tmrw.

The crazy thing is that there were many pieces of intelligence behind the Carter Page FISA wiretap request, not just the infamous Steele Dossier.

James B. Comey, the (former) F.B.I. director, has described the hurdles to obtaining an intelligence wiretap as a “rigorous, rigorous process.”

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 07:37 AM)
Why does Wray have to resign?

Because the president is running roughshod over the Bureau...eventually, a few good Americans will see the Constitutional crisis developing and step into the breach. Resigning would bring this crisis to a head, and Trump is clearly demonstrating he has no respect for their advice and counsel, regardless of who is in charge over there.

If Trump forces out another FBI Director, along with McCabe and Rosenstein, well, something just have to give somewhere in the GOP Senate.

Yet another Trump lie, this one about SOTU tv ratings.

Trump’s right about the numbers. Per Nielsen data, approximately 45.6 million viewers tuned in to watch his speech. And he’s also accurate that Fox News garnered the highest ratings, although, per Nielsen data, the network actually had 11.5 million viewers, not 11.7. But he’s not right when he called the numbers the “highest number in history.”

Trump’s three immediate predecessors — former Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton — all amassed higher ratings from their first State of the Union than he did: 48 million people tuned in to watch Obama in 2010; 51.7 million tuned in to Bush in 2002; and 45.8 million tuned in for Clinton in 1994. (The President delivers an address to the joint sessions of Congress during his or her first year, and the State of the Union the following year).

Trump’s speech, however, did have the highest views since Obama’s in 2010.

Edited by caulfield12

The Nunes memo is complete bulls***, you say? Why, how unexpected!!

Former Trump Aide Carter Page Was on U.S. Counterintelligence Radar Before Russia Dossier

Court documents, testimony show foreign-policy adviser was known to authorities as early as 2013

Carter Page, who served as a foreign-policy adviser to Donald Trump’s campaign, was known to U.S. counterintelligence officials for years before he became a prominent figure in a dossier of unverified research about the future president’s ties to Russia.

The White House is expected to release as early as this week a memo detailing what Republicans allege were surveillance abuses during the 2016 campaign. Republicans say the memo, written by the GOP staff on the House Intelligence Committee, shows that prosecutors used information gleaned from an ex-British spy—who was paid by a research firm hired by Democratic opponents of Mr. Trump—in their application for a secret court order to monitor Mr. Page. Mr. Page hasn’t been accused of wrongdoing.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation on Wednesday urged the White House not to release the memo, citing “grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.” Democrats have also said the document is misleading and cherry-picked.

“It’s clear that top officials used unverified information in a court document to fuel a counterintelligence investigation during an American political campaign,” said Rep. Devin Nunes (R., Calif.), an ally of Mr. Trump who serves as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee and who directed the writing of the memo.

The FBI said the memo contains significant omissions about the surveillance decisions made during the time period in question.

Yet a question persists: What prompted the FBI to suspect that Mr. Page was acting as an agent of Russia?

The full extent of the evidence regarding Mr. Page that the Justice Department submitted to the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court—a secret judicial panel that approves surveillance warrants against suspected agents of foreign powers—isn’t clear. The Wall Street Journal has previously reported that the warrant included material beyond research compiled by Christopher Steele, the former British intelligence official. What is known from court documents and testimony by Mr. Page before Congress is that the former Trump aide has been known to U.S. counterintelligence officials dating back to at least 2013, nearly three years before he joined the Trump campaign.

Mr. Page’s name surfaced repeatedly in the fall of 2016 in classified briefings given to high-level members of Congress, according to people familiar with the matter. That was around the same time the FBI and the Justice Department were applying for a surveillance warrant against Mr. Page in the FISA court.

A month after Mr. Trump won the presidential election, Mr. Page traveled to Russia again. There, he met again with Messrs. Dvorkovich and Baranov, among others, Mr. Page told the House panel.

The following spring, Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general appointed by Mr. Trump, approved a renewal of surveillance of Mr. Page.

It was already pretty obvious that it's the whole reason it was put together, but lol that they're just going to explicitly confirm it

Trump sees Nunes memo as a way to discredit the Russia investigation

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump continues to tell his associates he believed the highly controversial Republican memo alleging the FBI abused its surveillance tools could help discredit the Russia investigation, multiple sources familiar with White House discussions said.

The President continues to direct some of his anger toward his Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

In phone calls last night and over the past days, Trump has told friends he believes the memo would expose bias within the agency's top ranks and make it easier for him to argue the Russia investigations are prejudiced against him, according to two sources

But Paul Ryan insisted it has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation! Weird how the entire GOP keeps lying to everyone constantly.

It's more about the transparent political motivations behind it.

The Real Aim of the Nunes Memo Is the Mueller Investigation

WASHINGTON — When House Speaker Paul D. Ryan said on Tuesday that he wanted Americans to see a secret memo that portrays the early stages of the Trump-Russia investigation as scandalous, he also said he cautioned his Republican colleagues not to use it to impugn Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel running the inquiry.

“This is a completely separate matter from Bob Mueller’s investigation, and his investigation should be allowed to take its course,” Mr. Ryan told reporters.

But as a matter of political reality, the memo — written by Republican staffers for Representative Devin Nunes of California, the House Intelligence Committee chairman — has everything to do with defending President Trump from Mr. Mueller’s investigation.

As Mr. Mueller has accelerated his pace — indicting Mr. Trump’s former campaign chairman and a deputy, interviewing White House aides and inducing two people connected to his campaign to plead guilty and cooperate — Mr. Trump’s allies in recent weeks have increasingly sought to shift the focus away from Russian election interference and instead portray the actions of investigators as the real scandal.

The memo is their latest salvo. Led by Mr. Nunes, the House Intelligence Committee is pivoting from examining Russia’s election meddling to instead investigating F.B.I. and Justice Department officials connected to the inquiry, putting them — with Mr. Ryan’s clear blessing — at the forefront of the broader pushback.

Republicans are pushing the narrative that a cabal of politically biased law enforcement officials set out to sabotage Mr. Trump. And they are portraying a dossier written by Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence agent, which laid out unverified claims that Russia had compromised Mr. Trump and was conspiring with him, as the fountainhead of the Russia investigation. That assertion disregards unrelated evidence that Russia sought to influence the election and the pattern of contacts between Russians and Mr. Trump’s associates.

Mr. Nunes’s three-and-a-half page memo bolsters conservatives’ story line. According to people who have read it, the memo centers on a fall 2016 application for a wiretap order targeting Carter Page, a onetime Trump campaign official who had visited Moscow that June and was preparing to return there in December. The memo is said to criticize law enforcement officials for including information provided by Mr. Steele in the application without adequately explaining to the judge that Democrats financed Mr. Steele’s research.

Mr. Nunes also has earned a reputation of being a staunch Trump loyalist — or “Trump’s stooge,” as his hometown newspaper, The Fresno Bee, called him last week. Last year, he dramatically announced that a whistle-blower had shown him materials revealing that Obama administration officials had improperly “unmasked” the identities of Mr. Trump’s associates in intelligence reports based on surveillance, and that he intended to inform the White House about what he had learned. But it later emerged that Mr. Trump’s aides at the White House had shown him those materials, and other Republicans who later examined them concluded no one had been improperly unmasked.

One potential clue to the strategy behind the Republican memo may be lurking in the broadcasts of the Fox News personality Sean Hannity, a close ally of Mr. Trump whose programs often function as a conduit for his messaging.

On the day House Intelligence Committee Republicans revealed the existence of their memo and voted to share it with the House, Mr. Hannity built his evening program around what he said his sources had already told him about its contents — saying Americans would soon learn “beyond any shadow of a doubt that the special counsel, Robert Mueller, and his band of Democratic witch hunters never should have been appointed and they need to be disbanded immediately.”

And, though it was not yet public that the memo revealed Mr. Rosenstein’s role in extending the surveillance of Mr. Page, Mr. Hannity himself raised the question: “Did Rosenstein sign off on extension of this FISA warrant?” He also emphasized that “I’m very interested about Rod Rosenstein in all of this” — and called for him to be fired.

edit: it's just an obvious setup for a Saturday Night Massacre where he purges out Rosenstein and then Mueller

The Post reports in the clearest terms yet why Trump wants to see the Nunes memo released: “According to senior White House officials and advisers,” the president “sees it as key to making changes at the Justice Department — particularly pushing out Rosenstein.” That would be Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who oversees the Mueller investigation. His supposed misconduct is the subject of the memo.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 10:29 AM)
Havent over 100 people already read it?

Reputable news outlets know nothing. All we know is it will destroy careers of liberals.

Also pissing off the IC is the most catastrophically moronic thing the GOP could do.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 10:01 AM)
Rabbit has a point. None of us have read it, so right now its all hearsay.

It's a bit disingenuous for Rabbit to be asking everybody to pump the brakes on the memo when he posted this on January 19 about the very same memo...

"The House Intelligence Committee, the group that had their Twitter suspended yesterday, is said to be possessing the memo that would expose corruption that would lead to the end of careers for lifer politicians."

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 11:20 AM)
It's a bit disingenuous for Rabbit to be asking everybody to pump the brakes on the memo when he posted this on January 19 about the very same memo...

"The House Intelligence Committee, the group that had their Twitter suspended yesterday, is said to be possessing the memo that would expose corruption that would lead to the end of careers for lifer politicians."

LMAO.