Vote here for new Board Name

Heads22

What should be the new name of the off-topic board?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the new name of the off-topic board?

• My Kind of Board
    • OFF-Topic Zone
    • EVERYTHING Zone
    • Everything but sports
    • THE CELL
    • Deep Thoughts
    • Manuel's Corner
    • Sex, Lies, and Politics
    • Fuck That
    • Tabula Rosa
    • Outside the Park
    • Sun-Times
    • Free For All (Baby)
    • Revolution
    • The Boneyard
    • The Tailgate Area
    • The Back Room
    • Take It Outside
    • The NonSporting Life Arena
    • The Work Zone
    • I'm at Work Zone
    • I'm OK You're an Idiot
    • Everything but the Sox
    • We didn't make the fucking playoffs so this is all we have Board
    • Quagmire
    • The Swamp
    • Outside the Park
    • The Hot Corner
    • Around the Horn
    • Socrates? Not!
    • our two cents worth..
    • this and that...
    • the beer garden...
    • out of bounds
    • Other (Please Specify)
    • Keep it the same...

At first glance Sex, Lies, and Politics may seem like a good title but looking at it and just repeating the name it sounds stupid....I don't know, kinda lame.

But that's just my opinion.

The Cell, now that's a great name.. :D The name has something to do with the White Sox cause they play at The Cell and it also has that other meaning of that a Cell is usually in a prison..and who are in prisons? Hooligans...and who are the regular posters on here? Yes, hooligans :)  :headbang

A place where anything goes cause anything usually goes on in prisons or in  prison Cells....I don't know..I think the name goes is a good name and it's simple....Come join us in.........The Cell

:headbang

There.......my pitch for The Cell..Thank you and hope you consider The Cell as your final choice...

-Gash

As much as I too like the name The Cell or The Padded Cell as the case may be, it reminds me of the corporate greed that has destroyed baseball.

Cominsky's name should always have hung over the door. The only honorable substitute would be Veeck Field.

As a name US Cellular Field sucks and I prefer no reminders.

People need to get over it..It's quite ridicules to keep a grudge on the name change.

The team needed money to help with the remodeling of the stadium cause if all the damn complaints on how sucky it is..Where do you think they were gonna get this money?

Get over it...It's not they changed the name on the OLD Comiskey park..

And Mr. Comiskey was a cheapskate anyhow..that's why all his players hated him and why they were desaparte..hence the BlackSox scandal..

This guy wasn't a saint.

I do agree that Veeck would have been an honorable substitute, but putting his name of the field ain't gonna bring in money to help pay for the park..

And if I had the choice of bringing in money to help make the park a better place for the fans or keeping the name of Comiskey park..Well..I pick having a better park for the fans

and we can't go back and wish they had built a better ball park..blah, blah, blah

It's too late for that..

It be nice to keep the name for the nostalgic of it and such...but that isn't gonna bring in money..

And it's just a name..people can still call it Comiskey if they want, Sox Park(like I do) and move on..

I've accepted it, I just don't have to like it or embrace it, or allow it to grow. With the exception of Minute Maid Park, I can't think of a worse corporate tie in. Using your theory shouldn't it have been named The Taxpayers of Illinois Field.

I suppose you wouldn't mind having Motel 6 sponsor the team and plastering their names across the jerseys like a neighborhood softball team. It would help pay salaries.