4-8 Gamethread - Tigers, 1:10pm, CSN

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 02:33 PM)
True true. This is starting to look like 2013 offense. Kind of pathetic to watch.

Going back and forth between this and the Indians game this last inning. That game is a carbon copy of this. Nothing going offensively. Jason Hammel looks like Pedro over there...

Also heard them say Ramirez is 2 for 23 to start the year and Lindor is without an extra base hit. Brantley hit a ball to left that the announcers yelled about off the bat like it was gone. The left field started back hard, but then just camped. Ball is dying and nothing is getting going offensively in this weather.

Edited by Richie

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell are they not hitting 87 mph straight fastballs? It's not like this dude has amazing offspeed pitches. He's got a little on his 2 seamer/sinker but we should have AT LEAST 5 runs right now. I get this is development but this is pretty embarrassing.

QUOTE (Richie @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 03:49 PM)
Going back and forth between this and the Indians game this last inning. That game is a carbon copy of this. Nothing going offensively. Jason Hammel looks like Pedro over there...

Also heard them say Ramirez is 2 for 23 to start the year and Lindor is without an extra base hit. Brantley hit a ball to left that the announcers yelled about off the bat like it was gone. The left field started back hard, but then just camped. Ball is dying and nothing is getting going offensively in this weather.

Weird. How did the Sox score 14 runs with multiple homers on opening day in KC then? Was pretty cold that day too.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 07:53 PM)
At 22 years of age, there is ZERO reason to be going down that route right now.

I just never hear anyone outside the Sox org project him as a starter. I love his stuff though and would argue he looked better than Kopech in the spring

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 01:51 PM)
Weird. How did the Sox score 14 runs with multiple homers on opening day in KC then? Was pretty cold that day too.

Eh... when the temperature gets around the freezing mark. Things get weird with baseballs... and footballs for that matter (field goals... etc..)

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 02:51 PM)

Or how did Detroit score 15 runs over the last 2 games? All of their players must have grown up in the f***ing Yukon

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 08:57 PM)
Keith Law has been on the kick for a while.

What did he say about Sale, again?

Don't have the rankings in front of me, but didn't he drop in a lot of the top 100 polls because of these question marks?

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 01:56 PM)
Or how did Detroit score 15 runs over the last 2 games? All of their players must have grown up in the f***ing Yukon

I mean, there's only been one homer in this series by Goodrum. Barely got out. It's not like they've been crushing the baseball.

There's no denying that the ball has been dying here. (As Abreu's does as I go to submit this)

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 03:03 PM)
Mike Fiers is dominating the White Sox. Renteria should mix the lineup tomorrow.

I'd like to see:

Moncada 2B

A. Garcia RF

Abreu 1B

Delmonico DH

Anderson SS

Castillo C

L. Garcia LF

Sanchez 3B

Engel CF