Favorite TV Shows

Cali

Well since we're a couple weeks into the new fall season might as well bust out a list of everyones favorite shows

Scrubs - Just had it's new season start tonight, great episode. Got into this show last season and was hooked. Some of the best writing on TV and a great cast that mesh together perfectly. John C. McGinley deserved an Emmy nomination this past year, as did the show in general. And of course The Janitor who some may remember as the Cubs first basemen in "Rookie of the Year", I would watch this show just for The Janitor alone. Scrubs is the perfect "Dramedy" and takes the hole left by Sports Night in that genre.

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Flat out funniest show on televison. Gaurenteed literal laugh out loud moments in every episode. Larry David is the man, and a comedic genious. Should have won foe Outstanding Comedy this year at the Emmy's but was shoutout sans a Directing Award. The prefect post-Seinfeld era show.

CSI - Another show I got into last season. Just a cool show to watch, visually it great, the DP does a great job. They get away with showing some pretty gruesome deaths, especially the one in tonights episode, for a show on Network TV.

Six Feet Under - The last season was the weakest of the three by far, it went away from the drama insode the Funeral Home to too much drama outside of it. And they had less dead people talking to various members of cast. But it's still one of the best shows on TV. Peter Krause gives some great performences week in and week out, especially in the season 3 finale.

The Simpsons - What more is there to say, still grinding on after 14 seasons, though not as funny as it was in it's prime, it's your best bet on the animated circuit ever since Family Guy was canned.

King of the Hill - I don't know why people hate this show. There's not many god animated shows out there besides it and Simpsons. Maybe it's because of Mike Judges previous work, but as far as I go King of the Hill > Beavis and Butthead by a longshot, maybe it's because of changes in what I like. I like more story line structure, and have to have more than low-brow toliet humor to entertain me. Beavis and Butthead we're funny when I was 9 or 10. But not anymore.

Less Than Perfect - I love Sara Rue, he delivery is spot on, she cute as hell, and is one of the funniest comedic actresses on TV. This, like Scrubs has a great ensemble cast with a bunch of no-names, except for Andy Dick. He's was also the reason I decied to check this show out last year, and was hooked

According to Jim - I started watching this show mainly because I knew a couple of people who worked on it, and I really like it now. I spend every episode try to pick out my friends lines that he may or may not have written, and I may have to go see a TV taping of it.

Cali's Best Shows on TV Rankings:

1. Curb Your Enthusiasm

2. Scrubs

3. CSI

4. Six Feet Under

5.The Simpsons

6. King of the Hill

7. According to Jim

8. Less Than Perfect

A great topic cause I love tv and will watch just about anything..

I'll skip the rankings cause I don't have time and that would take me some time..

These are all the shows i watch and like..and these are shows juts period..some of them air in the summer and what not..

Angel

CSI

CSI:Miami

Without a Trace

Nip/Tuck

The Shield

The Sopranos

The George Lopez Show

My wife and Kids

According to Jim

Smallville

That 70's Show

Boston Public

Malcom in the Middle

The Bernie mac Show

also other notables I occasionally watch

8 Simple Rules

Jake 2.0

Well, if I had to put my top 5

Angel

Smallville

That 70's Show

Nip/Tuck

The Shield

The Sopranos

CSI

I have to watch those shows no matter what..

thank you

Damn how did I forget about 24? The hells wrong with me? Guess it's not on my mind because it hasn't premiered yet. I'd have to put it at number 3 on my list and mve everyone else down a slot.

Scrubs kicked some serious ass last night in the ratings:

1. "C.S.I." (CBS) - 20.0/28

2. "Friends" (NBC) - 17.2/25

3. "ER" (NBC) - 16.2/24

4. "Scrubs" (NBC) - 13.2/19

4. "Will & Grace" (NBC) - 13.2/19

6. "Survivor: Pearl Islands" (CBS) - 12.6/19

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

I'm right there with ya, Cali....Scrubs I caught from episode 1 on...and have made sure to schedule things around it since. McGinley and Chalke are great, as are the janitor and the lead guy. One I always liked that Fox cancelled(seems to be a reoccuring theme for me and Fox shows) was John Doe. I used to love watching that on Friday nights. Damn, the program scheduler at Fox must have the quickest hook in TV. Family Guy and John Doe.....

I'm right there with ya, Cali....Scrubs I caught from episode 1 on...and have made sure to schedule things around it since. McGinley and Chalke are great, as are the janitor and the lead guy. One I always liked that Fox cancelled(seems to be a reoccuring theme for me and Fox shows) was John Doe. I used to love watching that on Friday nights. Damn, the program scheduler at Fox must have the quickest hook in TV. Family Guy and John Doe.....

I loved John Doe, and was pissed when it got cancelled. That season (now series) finale was such a shocker. I hate being left hanging like that. Serves them right though FOX's Friday Night Schedule is getting it's ass kicked in the ratings right now.