UPDATE: Volstad called up, Infante reassigned to AAA

bmags

QUOTE (glangon @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:00 AM)
Volstad is a potential bring him up, see if he can stick around, then flip him at the deadline. It will cost nothing to bring him up. I reckon it will be a right handed reliever which would be him or Vieira.

The only other thought may be someone like Gonzalez or Austin to cover the injury to Castillo, if it is more serious than they first thought.

Haha great call despite the hate from it earlier.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 04:30 PM)
I’m guessing they don’t want to stick with an eight man bullpen for very long and there’s little risk of losing Volstad when they decide to outright him back to Charlotte.

I guess that makes some sense.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 04:30 PM)
I’m guessing they don’t want to stick with an eight man bullpen for very long and there’s little risk of losing Volstad when they decide to outright him back to Charlotte.

Bingo. The other thing is they may well be working on stuff with the other guys, and they want them right where they are until they figure it out.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 12:35 PM)
If we get a prospect back for Volstad who appears even once in an MLB game, it will be a shocker.

True but that is not the point of the move.

The reason he is up is to eat innings. If we get anything for him, then it's a bonus. Volstad eating innings saves arms for the more valuable members of the pen, the ones that we can get something for.

We have a young rotation, many of them won't go past 6 innings, that is a lot of innings for a bullpen to eat up, especially if No-Game James and Gonzalez go through a stretch of sucking ass.

QUOTE (glangon @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 07:05 AM)
True but that is not the point of the move.

The reason he is up is to eat innings. If we get anything for him, then it's a bonus. Volstad eating innings saves arms for the more valuable members of the pen, the ones that we can get something for.

We have a young rotation, many of them won't go past 6 innings, that is a lot of innings for a bullpen to eat up, especially if No-Game James and Gonzalez go through a stretch of sucking ass.

tbh, Im worried about Shields and Gonzalez burning up the pen far more than i am Lopez, Fulmer and Giolito. However, Fulmer is toeing the line