Sox @ Royals 4/28/18 (GAME TWO)

Jose Abreu

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

After watching the Royals for years plunk our players and act like jackasses that's pretty rich getting all butt hurt over Tim pointing to the sky after a homer.  Get fucking real.

I'm done giving him the benefit of the doubt he has over 2300 innings at the MLB level at SS.  It's time to start making the plays that are there to be made.  That's two games in the last three he's made a bad error in a huge spot.  A solid MLB SS makes the plays 98/100.  

And Tim's history shows that those aren't his two times just unluckily sequenced.

I love the guy but he's got a long ass way to go defensively.  

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Covey let Covey down by not throwing strikes

He was out of the inning if Leury makes that catch since the next hitter flew out to Engel. Not even counting Tim's play. You give any MLB team more chances, they'll get most pitchers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm done giving him the benefit of the doubt he has over 2300 innings at the MLB level at SS.  It's time to start making the plays that are there to be made.  That's two games in the last three he's made a bad error in a huge spot.  A solid MLB SS makes the plays 98/100.  

Oh come on. Did you ever play SS and get screened like that? 98/100 is a ridiculous claim 

I didn't think TA went overboard with watching the homer. Have seen far worse. I think it could have TA verbally showing emotion after he hit it. You know,  " whoa, yeah!" That kind of emotion which I still don't have a problem with.

Just a shitty team in KC showing their frustration with a team that has pounded them in their own house.

Edited by BlackSox13

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

He was out of the inning if Leury makes that catch since the next hitter flew out to Engel. Not even counting Tim's play. You give any MLB team more chances, they'll get most pitchers.

They also were hitting him quite hard on some awful pitches

Just now, BlackSox13 said:

I didn't think TA went overboard with watching the homer. Have seen far worse. I think it could have TA verbally showing emotion after he hit it. You " whoa, yeah!" That kind of emotion which I still don't have a problem with.

Just a shitty team in KC showing their frustration with a team that has pounded them in their own house.

Yeah I think the main factor here is a bunch of really frustrated KC guys. Minor transgressions can really get you hot when things are going so badly

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

They also were hitting him quite hard on some awful pitches

Yeah this was a case where the D cost him runs but it's obvious that he's in big trouble with the way his pitches look and how hard they're hitting them

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

And Tim's history shows that those aren't his two times just unluckily sequenced.

I love the guy but he's got a long ass way to go defensively.  

His defense needs a lot of work.   If he isn't working very hard every single day on his defense then he is wasting an opportunity.   He messes up simple two handed plays to many times. He backhands when he shouldn't, he never gets his footwork correct.   

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Oh come on. Did you ever play SS and get screened like that? 98/100 is a ridiculous claim 

We can argue about this one play all game.  My point overall is he needs to improve.  Massively.  Like I said, I think he's a good young player but if he's not a MLB quality SS -- and the tide is starting to go out on that early this year -- he's going to have a hard time being a solid starter.   And that would be a big setback.  I'm officially worried.  Hopefully he plays great the rest of the way defensively.  

Just now, SoxAce said:

Yeah the walk on 4 pitches then going to 3-0 on Gordon is the fault of the fielders. Sometimes fielders make mistakes and you need to pitch over them. Covey can't do that.

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

Yeah I think the main factor here is a bunch of really frustrated KC guys. Minor transgressions can really get you hot when things are going so badly

Exactly. KC just lost 8-0 earlier today and then TA leads off with a HR. Perez might have been thinking ... here we go again.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Why would he swing at a pitch that wasn't a strike and if it was had nasty break?  Sure an elite hitter probably fouls that off but give the kid a break.

Pitch had all the plate it seemed. Can't be chasing 58 footers and then stare at that with 2 strikes

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why would he swing at a pitch that wasn't a strike and if it was had nasty break?  Sure an elite hitter probably fouls that off but give the kid a break.

Far inside as well. If that was a strike, then it barely caught the corner. Good pitch, but borderline. 

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

Can you believe if we didn't make those trades, Covey would be like our best starting pitching prospect. Or one of them at least.

Hansen, Stephens, Guerrero, Adams, Gonzalez, McClure... "one of them" may be a stretch