Sox @ Royals 4/28/18 (GAME TWO)

Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Can you believe if we didn't make those trades, Covey would be like our best starting pitching prospect. Or one of them at least.

They also never would have given a guy like him a shot if they weren't rebuilding

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why would he swing at a pitch that probably wasn't a strike and if it was had nasty break?  Sure an elite hitter probably fouls that off with two strikes but give the kid a break.

Are you really doing this again? Trust me, I’m watching the game. The pitch had entire plate. It didn’t even hit a corner. It was a strike.

6 minutes ago, almagest said:

Yeah the walk on 4 pitches then going to 3-0 on Gordon is the fault of the fielders. Sometimes fielders make mistakes and you need to pitch over them. Covey can't do that.

Blame TA and Perez for the benches clearing and him waiting in between then. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

After watching that video they just showed, I have no doubt that Perez is in the wrong here. If you can't handle someone positively exclaiming after a home run, find a new sport

Looked to me like TA exclaimed "yeah!". See nothing wrong with that.

It's just one of those things. If one of their guys did what Tim did, I'd probably hate him and be sympathetic if one of our players lost his temper at him. But he's our guy and I like it because it's really not a big deal. If I learned one thing from the World Baseball Classic, it's that it's way more fun when guys act like they're living and dying on each play

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Are you really doing this again? Trust me, I’m watching the game. The pitch had entire plate. It didn’t even hit a corner. It was a strike.

you're the one that thinks he apparently should...be better?  He has a 155 wRC+ entering the game.  Christ.  He's not going to turn into Avi Garcia with a 80% Ozone swing rate.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

you're the one that thinks he apparently should...be better?  He has a 155 wRC+ entering the game.  Christ.  He's not going to turn into Avi Garcia with a 80% Ozone swing rate.

What are you talking about? I’m debating if that strike 3 was truly a strike or not. You said no. It was. I’m not debating how good or bad Moncada is. Read.

11 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

After watching that video they just showed, I have no doubt that Perez is in the wrong here. If you can't handle someone positively exclaiming after a home run, find a new sport

I find it amazing considering he had to catch Ventura (RIP) and his antics on the mound. Would think he would be a bit more understanding but I can see how that'll rub players the wrong way. Similar to the Tim-Verlander incident.

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

And I'll keep watching the game with what actually happened. Glad we got that settled. 

Exactly. What actually happened is Covey was unable to throw a strike and gave up 3 runs he shouldn't have. Glad we're in agreement and you finally saw reason.