4/29 Game Thread - White Sox @ Royals

Heads22

I realize that this 2018 season is a lost cause. Or as our GM would say another season "Mired in Mediocrity". This is all being done in the name of a rebuild/tanking. But still this record the team has is absolutely pathetic. I know that this ownership is laughing all the way to the bank with this team. I still think this whole situation is pathetic.

44 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I realize that this 2018 season is a lost cause. Or as our GM would say another season "Mired in Mediocrity". This is all being done in the name of a rebuild/tanking. But still this record the team has is absolutely pathetic. I know that this ownership is laughing all the way to the bank with this team. I still think this whole situation is pathetic.

Look at the rest of the league. They are by no means alone in this

11 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Look at the rest of the league. They are by no means alone in this

The White Sox are not alone in this but this will be the 6th season in a row that the team will have a losing record. This ownership/management team should be ashamed of this situation.

27 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The White Sox are not alone in this but this will be the 6th season in a row that the team will have a losing record. This ownership/management team should be ashamed of this situation.

I think when an organization is intentionally losing, it’s a hard pill to swallow from the FO’s point of view because it’s essentially admitting that the prior 10 years were of poor effort and terrible work by the organization, signing 30 year olds and trying to fill gaps all the while not developing any young players. 

Thankfully (hopefully) in 2 years, they’ll be a contender each year for the next decade, but they weren’t going to accomplish consistent success by continuing to sign the Melky Cabreras and David Robertsons of the world. That’s not how teams win.

Edited by soxfan49

34 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I think when an organization is intentionally losing, it’s a hard pill to swallow from the FO’s point of view because it’s essentially admitting that the prior 10 years were of poor effort and terrible work by the organization, signing 30 year olds and trying to fill gaps all the while not developing any young players. 

Thankfully (hopefully) in 2 years, they’ll be a contender each year for the next decade, but they weren’t going to accomplish consistent success by continuing to sign the Melky Cabreras and David Robertsons of the world. That’s not how teams win.

I have not met any White Sox fan who would rather have  Joakim Soria  than Dave Robertson.

49 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I have not met any White Sox fan who would rather have  Joakim Soria  than Dave Robertson.

They won a ton of games with Robertson so I understand your view. My point was spending tons of money in the offseason didn’t work for the Sox and it doesn’t work much at all anymore, so going this route really is the only route they could have gone.

Edited by soxfan49

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Our division is so pathetic, another wasted year of no playoffs. All you gotta do is be able to hang around .500 but noooooo.

The F***? Did you see Cleveland's record last year? And the year before that where the were in the 10th inning of game 7 of the World Series?