White Sox vs Cardinals 5/2/18 12:15PM

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

God he falls apart easily.  What a meatball.

Honestly i have to agree, seems like after the HR he came apart mentally.

Edited by TheTruth05

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Honestly i have to agree, seems like after the HR he mentally came apart.

You could see it in the Fowler AB.  It's easy to compare and contrast his demeanor with Lopez's and he doesn't look good in the comparison.  Reading a lot into it but meh.  Pitch better and I won't worry about body language.

• Like 1

I've been one of the biggest Giolito fans out there, but if he doesn't get back to throwing mid-90s he's meat. His fastball isn't good enough to miss bats at 90-93. Eventually, his breaking stuff won't matter because hitters will just wait for a fastball in the zone and launch it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

Missed it. Care to elaborate?

First said he wished Kaplan caught the Moncada defensive play since he doesn't like Yoan's defense for whatever reason.

Then strongly implied that his facial hair is ugly and that he needs to shave, although this was definitely more playful 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

First said he wished Kaplan caught the Moncada defensive play since he doesn't like Yoan's defense for whatever reason.

Then strongly implied that his facial hair is ugly and that he needs to shave, although this was definitely more playful 

Thanks. I think it was Kiley at FG that wasn’t crazy about his defense either. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I've been one of the biggest Giolito fans out there, but if he doesn't get back to throwing mid-90s he's meat. His fastball isn't good enough to miss bats at 90-93. Eventually, his breaking stuff won't matter because hitters will just wait for a fastball in the zone and launch it. 

I disagree. If he can hone his offspeed and locate it, velocity won't matter. Plenty of historically dominant pitchers with no velocity. 

Let's also not freak out about his meltdown. He's only 22...plenty to learn.

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I didn't watch the same game you just did then.  Dude was locating like a beast until the solo homer got him out of rhythm.