Micker named CL Player of the Month

Law on Adolfo today.

Ted
3:03
I know it's early but Micker Adolfo off to a great start. He isn't typically discussed as a top WS prospect but is he making a leap?

Keith Law
3:04
I've talked him up in their org reports for at least two years - enormous physical tools, but could barely play the sport when he signed. (That's not an exaggeration.) He might not be a solid big leaguer till he's 25 but the upside is really huge.

I will say this about Adolfo, the K rate is still concerning but from watching him play multiple times, he does seem to be much more selective at the plate.  And the good news is the raw power is really starting to blossom into game power this year, which takes off some pressure off his developing plate discipline.  I’m really excited to see what this kid can become over the next few years.  The upside is beyond tantalizing.

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I will say this about Adolfo, the K rate is still concerning but from watching him play multiple times, he does seem to be much more selective at the plate.  And the good news is the raw power is really starting to blossom into game power this year, which takes off some pressure off his developing plate discipline.  I’m really excited to see what this kid can become over the next few years.  The upside is beyond tantalizing.

The amazing thing is that the K rate is dropping as he moves up through the minors.

2018 30.6%

2017 31.5%

2016 33.9%

2015 26.9% (only 93 PAs

2014 42.9%

More Law Adolfo praise from today's chat.

Butts
1:31
Is Micker Adolfo for real? Can I get excited yet?

Keith Law
1:32
Yeah, I would. He may take a step back when he gets to Birmingham and faces AA pitching, but he has always had enormous tools. I think I said in last week's chat that he could barely play baseball when he was signed. He's come a long way, baby.