5/5 Games

Heads22

13 hours ago, flavum said:

I’ll jinx him for sure, but I’m hoping this Parke is just a good lefty that knows how to get outs. Hope a promotion is coming soon.

Saw him pitch last week, definitely would like to see what he can do as a starter going forward

Hot shit coming outta HS and then barely played at a loaded school

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Really good to see

3rd round pick from '16, remember how hyped we all were on him in the fall of '16?

2016 is still proving to be a very good class for the Sox so far. Collins, Rutherford, Burdi, and Hansen all look like they have a good shot of being future ML contributors. Getting 4 quality players out of that class would be a huge win.

2 hours ago, Dam8610 said:

2016 is still proving to be a very good class for the Sox so far. Collins, Rutherford, Burdi, and Hansen all look like they have a good shot of being future ML contributors. Getting 4 quality players out of that class would be a huge win.

Definitely some other candidates too in Booker, Remillard, Morrison, Fisher, Lambert, Curbelo, Flores, Hamilton

2017 off to a good start as well with Burger, Sheets, Gonzalez, Henzmann, Johnson, McClure, Yurchak, Parke

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Definitely some other candidates too in Booker, Remillard, Morrison, Fisher, Lambert, Curbelo, Flores, Hamilton

2017 off to a good start as well with Burger, Sheets, Gonzalez, Henzmann, Johnson, McClure, Yurchak, Parke

Let’s hold off getting too excited about the 2017 class.  Burger injured, may or may not ever be the same.  Sheets is showing excellent plate discipline but limited power.  The rest of the guys are doing well in Low A.  I’m not trying to be a negative Nancy here, but way too early to jump to any conclusions with this group.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s hold off getting too excited about the 2017 class.  Burger injured, may or may not ever be the same.  Sheets is showing excellent plate discipline but limited power.  The rest of the guys are doing well in Low A.  I’m not trying to be a negative Nancy here, but way too early to jump to any conclusions with this group.

I know people are freaking out about the power, but power is the the last tool to come.  I would much rather see a guy who can hit and walk with a future power tool rating, than a guy who has big power at the lower levels, but a future hit tool.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Given the Sox draft philosophy the last two years, there absolutely should be the expectation that their draftees perform well off the bat in the lower levels.

37 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know people are freaking out about the power, but power is the the last tool to come.  I would much rather see a guy who can hit and walk with a future power tool rating, than a guy who has big power at the lower levels, but a future hit tool.

Physically power may be the last tool to come, but we’re not talking about a guy who lacks raw power.  Sheets is a well built kid with plenty of strength who hit 20+ homers last year as a junior in college.  The concern is over his inability to translate that to in-game power at the moment.  I’m not panicking just yet, but if he doesn’t hit double digit homers this year that’s a really bad sign.

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

Given the Sox draft philosophy the last two years, there absolutely should be the expectation that their draftees perform well off the bat in the lower levels.

I agree.  The vast majority of Kannapolis’ roster is 22 or 23.  I’m glad those guys are off to a good start, but we got to see they perform in High A before I get too excited.