5/6 Games, Kopech start

flavum

I don't expect to see Kopech or Jimenez until some time after the All Star break. Kopech has a long way to go and Eloy has to make a stop at AAA. We'll see Eloy before Kopech . If the Sox want to get innings from a starter Rodon will be coming back and RA Dickey is still a FA. Sign him before some other desperate team does.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't expect to see Kopech or Jimenez until some time after the All Star break. Kopech has a long way to go and Eloy has to make a stop at AAA. We'll see Eloy before Kopech . If the Sox want to get innings from a starter Rodon will be coming back and RA Dickey is still a FA. Sign him before some other desperate team does.

Im betting the sox bring up Kopech before Jimenez. 

Meanwhile, Kanny just seems like a team that has the IT factor, keep finding ways to win even without their best player. Seems like Jirschele has done a good job so far, despite being the second youngest manager in all of minor.

10 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not sure why he has to stop in AAA first. Sox, as many teams do, a lot of times promote stars from AA directly to majors. AA is typically where the real players are playing, AAA has lots of fodder. Big Frank, Alex Fernandez, Robin Ventura, Chris Young, Mike Cameron are just some of the long list of players who went from AA to the majors. 

10 minutes ago, MnSoxFan said:

Not sure why he has to stop in AAA first. Sox, as many teams do, a lot of times promote stars from AA directly to majors. AA is typically where the real players are playing, AAA has lots of fodder. Big Frank, Alex Fernandez, Robin Ventura, Chris Young, Mike Cameron are just some of the long list of players who went from AA to the majors. 

As the list of names indicates, it has been a very long time since the White Sox have done so.

35 minutes ago, MnSoxFan said:

1. It happens but not often. Even with bigger stars it is the exception, not the rule. The great majority hit AAA first.

2. AAA does have a lot of "fodder", but also a lot of guys with MLB experience which can be a very helpful test for prospects.

3. Why the rush? I'd rather let him spend a few months in Charlotte. Not like this year's team is going anywhere.

4. If/when you are in a season where the MLB team's record is not important (or they even want to keep it down a bit for the time being), it's not outlandish to also consider throwing your AAA club a bone for a month or two. Charlotte has a premier park, but a lousy team right now.

I think AAA will be good for him but for me AA was definitely the big test. It just seems like AA is where our hitting prospects have gone to die.

His power has only slightly dropped off in that park. But his walks have dropped this year so far (could easily recover with a few 2 bb games), and that's something he can work on with the pitchers with better control in AA and AAA.