5/11 Games

37 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Really Kanny's whole team could be promoted. They're all performing well.

FIFY.  Realistically most of the roster is a tad old for Low A.  Hoping they can find a way to promote a bunch of them to High A at some point in the near future. The question is how many High A guys are ready for AA or are simply expandable.  That will limit wholesale promotions to a certain extent.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

FIFY.  Realistically most of the roster is a tad old for Low A.  Hoping they can find a way to promote a bunch of them to High A at some point in the near future. The question is how many High A guys are ready for AA or are simply expandable.  That will limit wholesale promotions to a certain extent.

Winston-Salem already is down to 4 starters for practical purposes. Danny Dopico is a reliever, who the Sox I think like, but they are giving him spot starts for now as he develops command. See last night, when he threw three perfect innings, then crumbled in the 4th and 5th (which you'd expect for a reliever, really). So I think they have a slot open right now, unless they are planning to stretch Dopico over time to full starter innings.

3 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Winston-Salem already is down to 4 starters for practical purposes. Danny Dopico is a reliever, who the Sox I think like, but they are giving him spot starts for now as he develops command. See last night, when he threw three perfect innings, then crumbled in the 4th and 5th (which you'd expect for a reliever, really). So I think they have a slot open right now, unless they are planning to stretch Dopico over time to full starter innings.

Oh there’s definitely room in W-S for a couple guys, including a starter as you mentioned, but I’d like to see close to 10 players from Kannapolis get bumped to High A.  On the pitching side, I think you can make a case for most of the rotation plus Johnson & Escorcia.  On the offensive side, I think Gonzalez, Rivera, & Blackman are ready for the jump.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh there’s definitely room in W-S for a couple guys, including a starter as you mentioned, but I’d like to see close to 10 players from Kannapolis get bumped to High A.  On the pitching side, I think you can make a case for most of the rotation plus Johnson & Escorcia.  On the offensive side, I think Gonzalez, Rivera, & Blackman are ready for the jump.

My guess is that in early June, we will see a huge wave of moves. Robert should join W-S by then, Kopech probably in Chicago by then, guys who keep being too good bumping up, and a need to make room in Kanny for some guys from extended (like Kincanon, Zangari, etc.) so that those rookie clubs have room for draftees in mid-June. Extended ST ends around first of June anyway. I'd be between Memorial Day and the draft, you will see a LOT of movement.

That’s a really good offense Cease is facing...not a huge number of xb hits, but all strung together.

Wild pitches/passed ball, walks, seems a bit rattled.

ERA blows up to 3.41, ouch.  6 er.  7 hits, 2 walks, no K’s.  Still in, 49 pitches through 2.

Rutherford in CF, Basabe in RF.

Edited by caulfield12

6 minutes ago, DirtySox said:
Cease got roughed up in the first. FB was mostly 95-97 but the pitch doesn't have a whole lot of life to it, especially when up. Also appeared to be working on CH/SL rather than using hook to finish hitters.

Well at least it appears he’s working on certain pitches.