5/11 Games

Jason Coats making life hard on Kopech.

2 rbi’s now, first homer allowed on the year to Coats as well.  Almost had him for strike three.  Still not out of it.

3 walks (total), bases loaded with just one out.  4 walks last time out.  Having a much harder time second time through the lineup.

Grand slam.

Officially a complete disaster today for all aspects of the White Sox. 

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Well today totally sucks. Kopech isn't close to being ready. A scout friend of mine actually said his stuff looked better last year.

Fathom, I got a ton of respect for you as a poster, but you sure have a unique way of finding the absolute worst possible outlook on everything ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fathom, I got a ton of respect for you as a poster, but you sure have a unique way of finding the absolute worst possible outlook on everything ?

I love Kopech as a prospect, just don't see why everyone wants to rush him up.  

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Wasn’t he 2-37 or something like that to start the season?  Since then he is making Eloy look like a chump

His start was definitely ugly, but he’s been on fire these last few weeks.  Not just the power but also a much better K rate to go along with an always elite BB rate.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I feel like it was around this time last year where Kopech slumped after big start

Close! I looked this up cause I was curious - in May of last year, he had a 2.31 ERA. But in June, his ERA was 6.95 over 5 starts, he pitched 22 innings and walked 18 while striking out just 22. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I love Kopech as a prospect, just don't see why everyone wants to rush him up.  

As far as I’m concerned, the best move with Kopech and Eloy is to wait until next April/May to be under control through 2025.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

You know for a fact none of our opinions matter in the slightest, and the only opinion that does came out and said without any hesitation no one is coming to the MLB Roster until they have shown without question they have mastered the lower levels. 

Is anyone watching the game? Is Kopech throwing a lot of heat, or is he working on stuff? 

I only saw the fourth and his command was simply off.  Primarily fastballs from what I could tell, but he threw some off-speed stuff as well.  Wasn’t working on anything specific though.

Just now, Anderdale said:

Collins is hitting again so let's start complaining about his defense more.

Unfortunately, reading from “experts” neither Collins nor Zavala are going to be full time catchers in the bigs. My hope is Collins can actually improve behind the plate. 

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

As far as I’m concerned, the best move with Kopech and Eloy is to wait until next April/May to be under control through 2025.

I agree. They aren’t winning anything next year. Let them get their feet wet then, and have an extra year of control when they are going to need it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Similar to Fulmer, I want the Sox exhausting every option possible to get both guys at catcher for as long as possible, until you HAVE to move them to a different position. 

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

Unfortunately, reading from “experts” neither Collins nor Zavala are going to be full time catchers in the bigs. My hope is Collins can actually improve behind the plate. 

So where does Collins project if he doesn't stick behind the plate? First base? DH? 

He was a huge reach at number 10 overall if he can't stick behind the plate. 

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I agree. They aren’t winning anything next year. Let them get their feet wet then, and have an extra year of control when they are going to need it. 

Yep. That's what I was saying in the Eloy thread. If Kopech improves his control and Eloy shows he can hit AAA then bring them up. But at this point, they are young enough to leave down in the minors this year if need be.