Bartolo Colon

Chisoxfn

Very good point.  But if Colon goes will KW go after Ponson?

Exactly. Where is it written in stone that JR and KW will go after Ponson if Colon signs elsewhere? It isn't.

And Goo blows Ponson away talent and stuff wise. Ponson is slightly better than Jon Garland. That, of course, is MHO.

What would you rather have?

Colon at 12 million or Ponson at 7 million with 5 million to give to someone like Hawkins and someone else? 

I'd rather have Ponson/Hawkins then Colon.

Knowing the Sox they will go after Ponson. Kenny has wanted him for awhile now.

CWSOX45

Colon at 12 million or Ponson at 7 million with 5 million to give to someone like Hawkins and someone else? 

CWSOX45

And from whats been mentioned Ponson would be pretty happy in Chicago. KW has wanted him for a while.

CWSOX45

And from whats been mentioned Ponson would be pretty happy in Chicago. KW has wanted him for a while.

He'll be happier where a team is serious about winning.

CWSOX45

See...I've devised a new plan. I'm gonna call Ozzie Guillen (Somehow) and tell him to convince the Sox to hire me as the GM and I will guarantee that I'll hire him as the manager. :D

CWSOX45

I think we'll know if the Sox are serious about winning soon enough. If they sign a guy like Cito to be their coach than I think we could have a lot of potential free agents interested in coming to the White Sox.

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

I think we'll know if the Sox are serious about winning soon enough. If they sign a guy like Cito to be their coach than I think we could have a lot of potential free agents interested in coming to the White Sox.

CWSOX45

Free agents follow the money, not the managers.

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

Free agents follow the money, not the managers.

In some cases yes, but what about Dusty Baker? I recall a couple of guys coming over to Chicago because they liked playing for him.

If we get the right guy in the clubhouse than back it up with enough cash than I think we could sign some solid free agents this off-season.

CWSOX45