Super Fun White Sox Happy Time Game Thread III vs Orioles

Heads22

Love Baltimore trying to double steal there. Thought Ricky would do the same with Moncada and Sanchez on base, but not sure if Moncada is getting the green light to steal yet so didn't hold it against him. 

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Pollock isn’t that young and seems to be hurt all the time. Kimbrel would be exciting, however.

Pollock being 31 Opening Day 2019 will be one factor limiting his FA deal to the $100 million range.

You're not going to find a better player at that price, and you're not going to find someone in their 20's unless you're willing to give Harper or Machado $300-500 million and a share of the club, lol.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Why do I have a feeling KW will sign Adam Jones a FA three years too late and try to "spin" his addition to the fans as being a move to compete in 2019...?

So KW only gets credit if guy is African American?

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What do you mean “none of it’s prospects playing”?  There will be plenty of talent on this roster by the end of the season.  We obviously won’t be as ready to win as the Yankees, Cubs, or Dodgers but I don’t we’ll be viewed nearly as negatively as you’re making it out to be.

I think Kopech plays. That's it. 

2 minutes ago, Replacement Level Poster said:

Why not keep our dry powder to after 2020 and go all in on Mookie Betts, fits window with ELoy, Kopech & Winston Salem guys

Probably because, like Arenado, there's at least a 50/50 chance he stays with the Red Sox...probably better in the case of Betts than Nolan, actually.

Machado and Kimbrel or bust. No sense in having a payroll in the shitter if you don't pay up when you need to. 26 year old perennial All-stars are the only ones you should overpay for. If Sox arent ready to do that than this rebuild's chances of flopping grow substantially higher.

Edited by TheTruth05
  • Like 1

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Machado and Kimbrel or bust. No sense in having a payroll in the shitter if you don't pay up when you need to. 26 year old perennial All-stars are the only ones you should overpay for. If So arent ready to do that than this rebuild's chances of flopping grow substantially higher.

Agreed but that's why the huge market teams will covet them also.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

So KW only gets credit if guy is African American?

Well, I didn't argue for McCutcheon...trying to think of any outfielders other than AJ Pollock that realistically would be long-term targets and struggling to identify any that make sense.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Why do I have a feeling KW will sign Adam Jones a FA three years too late and try to "spin" his addition to the fans as being a move to compete in 2019...?

That would be pretty odd espcially considering he isnt the GM.

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Machado and Kimbrel or bust. No sense in having a payroll in the shitter if you don't pay up when you need to. 26 year old perennial All-stars are the only ones you should overpay for. If Sox arent ready to do that than this rebuild's chances of flopping grow substantially higher.

Yeah, I’m with you although the “or bust” thing isn’t agreeable. Regardless, they’d almost be banking on the vast majority of these guys panning out, and simply put, that’s really rare.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Even if we offer more money?

Hahn should just tell Machado "Whatever the top offer is you get from any other team, we'll beat it by $10 million". This team needs a 26 year old superstar middle of the order bat to kick off their competitive window, even if it would still be a year away at that point.

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Pollock isn’t that young and seems to be hurt all the time. Kimbrel would be exciting, however.

I like Pollock, but he isn’t good enough nor durable enough to sign him to the contract he’s going to get while blocking some of our OF prospects at the same time.

I agree with the difficult part but Hahn and Co. Have to put up or shut up.i think we all agree that it is known if the Sox want them they will have to overpay substantially.its just the nature of the beast. Get it done at all costs. We'll see

Edited by TheTruth05

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I want the sox to take a flyer on Zach Britton too after injury he should be looking for chance to rebuild value.