Super Fun White Sox Happy Time Game Thread III vs Orioles

Heads22

$10 million more probably isn't even enough...because the Cubs are still getting so much more attention in the Chicago, and NYC, Boston and LA are better markets for top athletes in terms of marketing.

Let's say it's $350 million....how much more would he be able to generate in sponsorship deals/marketing opportunities with the Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Giants, etc.?   The White Sox would need to be $25-50 million higher, at a minimum.

About the only argument against the Cubs is that Bryant is already established as "the franchise" over there, but it just depends on how important it is for him to be on an "instantly contending" team.

3 minutes ago, Replacement Level Poster said:

I want the sox to take a flyer on Zach Britton too after injury he should be looking for chance to rebuild value.

Good call, I feel like Andrew Miller is breaking down a lot

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

$10 million more probably isn't even enough...because the Cubs are still getting so much more attention in the Chicago, and NYC, Boston and LA are better markets for top athletes in terms of marketing.

Let's say it's $350 million....how much more would he be able to generate in sponsorship deals/marketing opportunities with the Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Giants, etc.?   The White Sox would need to be $25-50 million higher, at a minimum.

About the only argument against the Cubs is that Bryant is already established as "the franchise" over there, but it just depends on how important it is for him to be on an "instantly contending" team.

Why don't you think he'd be ankle to get those same opportunities as the face of the White Sox franchise?

7 minutes ago, Baron said:

I think Kopech plays. That's it. 

Rodon, Kopech, & possibly Stephens will join the rotation.  Vieira, Hamilton, & maybe Burdi will join the pen.  Despite how people feel about it, Eloy will be on this team before the end of the year IMO.  Plus we’ll get Avi back at some point.  Lot’s of talent will be joining the team in the second half.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Rodon, Kopech, & possibly Stephens will join the rotation.  Vieira, Hamilton, & maybe Burdi will join the pen.  Despite how people feel about it, Eloy will be on this team before the end of the year IMO.  Plus we’ll get Avi back at some point.  Lot’s of talent will be joining the team in the second half.

I thought Burdi pitches in 2019 at the earliest.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Preach. Also idk how people think he can't be fine marketing himself here.is Baltimore New York or Chicago? I'm sure he's done fine for himself there. The meatball side of me also compares Machado going to the Cubs like Durant going to the Warriors.cookie cutter soft lol

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Preach. Also idk how people think he can't be fine marketing himself here.is Baltimore New York or Chicago? I'm sure he's done fine for himself there. The meatball side of me also compares Machado going to the Cubs like Durant going to the Warriors.cookie cutter soft lol

Pretty much guarantee the Cubs get either Manny or Harper this offseason in a Durant-style move

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Key word is tonight. I imagine with a competitive club led by Jimenez, Moncada, Abreu, and Machado, the seats would be a bit more crowded

Something to keep in mind with Manny is he likely will want an opt-out after 3 years. Not sure that fits the Sox time frame 

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Key word is tonight. I imagine with a competitive club led by Jimenez, Moncada, Abreu, and Machado, the seats would be a bit more crowded

Yeah. We still arent relevant though. Our world series was completely ignored 

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Pretty much guarantee the Cubs get either Manny or Harper this offseason in a Durant-style move

I really think there's too much smoke but I'd love LA to swoop in and get their preffered choice.Sox have to act fast if they want a legit chance.

Edited by TheTruth05

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I just can’t see how this works with Heyward, Darvish and Lester not going anywhere & Contreras, Rizzo and Bryant needing new deals over the next 2-3 years.

11 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I agree with the difficult part but Hahn and Co. Have to put up or shut up.i think we all agree that it is known if the Sox want them they will have to overpay substantially.its just the nature of the beast. Get it done at all costs. We'll see

Yup, and we have almost no long-term financial commitments.  Now is not the time to be risk adverse.  The fact that Reinsdorf is like 88 years old and agreed to a rebuild tells me he is going to do everything in his power to get one last World Series before his card is punched.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I hope they do, but I doubt Theo's that dumb. Kimbrel is the smart and likely play for them given their inability to develop/retain a good closer.