Super Fun White Sox Happy Time Game Thread III vs Orioles

Heads22

Just now, fathom said:

Pretty much guarantee the Cubs get either Manny or Harper this offseason in a Durant-style move

Yea but probably only one or the other.  Be interesting to see how rickets family handles luxury tax with Bryant getting expensive as well. Would they allocate 140 million to extension for Bryant, machado, and Harper 

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Then if I’m MM, I show a set of balls and realize that I can put an entire f***ing organization on the map

THIS! He can be a huge part of it, and that's what the org needs to sell him on. Being the face of a franchise and bringing that franchise into relevance and prominence (which will hopefully allow them the money to resign key guys like Moncada, Jimenez, Kopech, etc.) and building the winning culture.

3 minutes ago, Replacement Level Poster said:

Yea but probably only one or the other.  Be interesting to see how rickets family handles luxury tax with Bryant getting expensive as well. Would they allocate 140 million to extension for Bryant, machado, and Harper 

It’ll be “or” not “and.” They won’t get Machado AND Harper.

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

x2

Probably because Engle and Thompson are batting ahead of him when there's a RH pitcher on the mound...

On the "plus" side, these games against Baltimore and KC give us opportunities to open up some breathing room for the #1 pick in 2019, so there's that.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Replacement Level Poster said:

They'd be stupid to try that and even they know it. Next offseason boils down to the Yankees and Dodgers each getting one of Kershaw and Harper, then quite a bit of the league in the Machado derby. The Cubs will likely strike on Kimbrel and a starter early and not go after Machado.

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

They'd be stupid to try that and even they know it. Next offseason boils down to the Yankees and Dodgers each getting one of Kershaw and Harper, then quite a bit of the league in the Machado derby. The Cubs will likely strike on Kimbrel and a starter early and not go after Machado.

Kimbrel to Braves is my pick. I don't think Theo will sign a closer to long-term monster deal.

2 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

They have Morrow still under contract in 2019 as well, right?

Just now, harkness99 said:

Anderson has some pop.. but dude just never looks confident or comfortable up there.

You know I’m tired of hearing how Anderson hasn’t played baseball that much focused on basketball  yada, yada, needs reps but the guys been in professional baseball for 5 years now.

Just now, fathom said:

Kimbrel to Braves is my pick. I don't think Theo will sign a closer to long-term monster deal.

He traded Gleyber Torres for 4 months of a closer. What's $100 million for several years of one compared to that?