5/23 Games

joejoedairy

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Exactly. Sox are doing the right thing in letting him DEVELOP.

Will you say the same thing if the sox bring him up in july to develop more in the MLB?

Ive never had the position that he needs to come to the MLB now. Ive stated repeatedly that, if they Sox feel he is ready then he should. They should not leave him down just because of his contract status.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Will you say the same thing if the sox bring him up in july to develop more in the MLB?

Ive never had the position that he needs to come to the MLB now. Ive stated repeatedly that, if they Sox feel he is ready then he should. They should not leave him down just because of his contract status.

July isn't May ptatc, you know that. And I already stated he did this last year too in AA before he adjusted (which I believe was right around June). Let the kid adjust again, then let the chips fall where they may.

Edited by SoxAce

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Randy Johnson was called up when he was 24 years old. Pedro was used mostly as a reliever initially.  Kopech is averaging 5 innings a start. That would most likely go down if promoted. I would think at the very least, you would have to be pretty sure he can average 5 innings a start before a promotion or you will be killing the rest of the staff, just so you can show off the new toy to play with.

Randy Johnson still had a poor walk rate when they called him up. So you are advocating keeping Kopech in the minors until his wlk rate imporives. This could be in 2 years or never because if they waited until he deveolped alower walk rate he might never had his HOF career.

But back to the makn point. You might thjnk that at the very least they would wait until they were sure he could average t innings per start. That has been my point all along. THEY should bring hi m up whrn they think he is ready NOT wait until next year if they think he is ready now. They have a better idea on how his stuff both mentally and physically willmplay in the MLB.

I ve never said he has to come up now. Only that they will look at factors othger than ERA and walks to determine if he is ready.And that I would undrrstand thgeir justification for the bene fits of seeing time in the MLB this year.

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

July isn't May ptatc, you know that. And I already stated he did this last year too in AA before he adjusted (which I believe was right around June). Let the kid adjust again, then let the chips fall where they may.

I dont understand your point. Ive previuosly stated that they should wait until the next sevice time deadline which I believe is in July, maybe its June. Ive nevrr said he should be up now or even before the Sox believe he is ready which could be next year.