Craft Kave

ScootsMcGoots

Mods feel free to move this thread if it belongs in another spot.

I plan on going to the park on Sunday and visiting the Craft Kave for the first time. Just wondering about any opinions on this.

How is the beer/food selections? Does it open before the game starts? If so how long before first pitch does it open? How much does it cost to get a spot outside on the patio area? Anything else I should know about it?

Is there any other bar/restaurant area I should try at the park first before I go for this one?

I appreciate any info/insight/advice!

6 hours ago, Scoots said:

Mods feel free to move this thread if it belongs in another spot.

I plan on going to the park on Sunday and visiting the Craft Kave for the first time. Just wondering about any opinions on this.

How is the beer/food selections? Does it open before the game starts? If so how long before first pitch does it open? How much does it cost to get a spot outside on the patio area? Anything else I should know about it?

Is there any other bar/restaurant area I should try at the park first before I go for this one?

I appreciate any info/insight/advice!

My buddy and I go (or attempt to go) to the Craft Kave for all of our 10-game ticket plan. We buy the cheapest $7 in the park, go down to the Craft Kave (Gate 2, in case they won't let us down to concourse level), and pay a $15 cash upgrade to have our own table outside ABOVE the bar. You can sit in the lower area for free (first come, first seat), but you are obstructed by the fence and stanchions. So for $22, we sit 10 feet passed the RF fence, have our own table to spread out, have our own swivel chairs, and have a server in case we want to get any food or drink. It's been our little secret for 3 or 4 years now.

HOWEVER, the issue is that business like to rent out that ENTIRE upper deck area ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Years ago we got our seats every time. But these last 2 years, we get those seats maybe once every 4 or 5 games. I went to something like 16 games last year and probably got those seasons 5 or 6 times. I've been to 4 games this year and have only gotten them once. It's really annoying, especially when they almost always go mostly unused. Rarely do the groups show up.

Regardless of whether you want to try the $15 upgrade, or just take the free seats outside, or just grab a spot inside, it's all first-come-first-choice and it opens as soon as the gates open. I'll try my luck again on Saturday. Have fun!

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

My buddy and I go (or attempt to go) to the Craft Kave for all of our 10-game ticket plan. We buy the cheapest $7 in the park, go down to the Craft Kave (Gate 2, in case they won't let us down to concourse level), and pay a $15 cash upgrade to have our own table outside ABOVE the bar. You can sit in the lower area for free (first come, first seat), but you are obstructed by the fence and stanchions. So for $22, we sit 10 feet passed the RF fence, have our own table to spread out, have our own swivel chairs, and have a server in case we want to get any food or drink. It's been our little secret for 3 or 4 years now.

HOWEVER, the issue is that business like to rent out that ENTIRE upper deck area ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Years ago we got our seats every time. But these last 2 years, we get those seats maybe once every 4 or 5 games. I went to something like 16 games last year and probably got those seasons 5 or 6 times. I've been to 4 games this year and have only gotten them once. It's really annoying, especially when they almost always go mostly unused. Rarely do the groups show up.

Regardless of whether you want to try the $15 upgrade, or just take the free seats outside, or just grab a spot inside, it's all first-come-first-choice and it opens as soon as the gates open. I'll try my luck again on Saturday. Have fun!

The only reason they close it off is if the attendance is over 25k so its not overly crowded trying to walk around. So basically, only a handful of games when you need to worry about that. But either way, you can get to the Craft Kave when the lower level isn't open anyway.

Edited by soxfan2014

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Awesome, thanks for that info. Yeah we have really good seats for Sunday, like behind homeplate essentially, but I wanted to check out the cave when the gates open. Sounds like it will be worth it. Will probably stay there for an hour or so and then find our seats before the game starts

we stop at craft kave before going to our seats every game (its the only place to get miller lite, in addition to huge selection of craft beers). Have yet to do the $15 for a upstairs patio table but have talked about it for a while. 

The new revolution tap room is pretty sweet, up by left field. 

12 hours ago, Scoots said:

Awesome, thanks for that info. Yeah we have really good seats for Sunday, like behind homeplate essentially, but I wanted to check out the cave when the gates open. Sounds like it will be worth it. Will probably stay there for an hour or so and then find our seats before the game starts

If you go there as soon as the gates open, you should have a decent chance at some BP balls from the Brewers lefties, which include Yelich and Shaw.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

7 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

we stop at craft kave before going to our seats every game (its the only place to get miller lite, in addition to huge selection of craft beers). Have yet to do the $15 for a upstairs patio table but have talked about it for a while. 

The new revolution tap room is pretty sweet, up by left field. 

The Fandeck in CF is always our backup option, then Rev Brew is our 3rd choice. We haven't actually sat in our upperdeck seats in years, and maybe only once.

9 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

The Fandeck in CF is always our backup option, then Rev Brew is our 3rd choice. We haven't actually sat in our upperdeck seats in years, and maybe only once.

The only reason you would is if the game is sold out and you couldn't get anything down low.