Game Day in Chicago Saturday June 2nd at 1:10 Pm CDT Brewers and Sox

43 minutes ago, Bazox said:

Them little un's or big un's ?

Big of course. Good stuff going around with me and my buddies. Perfect weather too and great crowd today. Really energetic (ALOT of Brewers fans here). 

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Yeah, everytime a guy strikes out against a pitcher with an absolutely filthy slider, the only assumption, that I too, can come up with is “he must be trying for a home run!”

So it doesn't bother you that he was swinging on pitches outside the strike zone?  

4 minutes ago, Insp said:

So it doesn't bother you that he was swinging on pitches outside the strike zone?  

It does, but you can’t automatically assume that every swing & a miss on a bad pitch means the hitter is trying to hit one over the fence.

I am astonished by how poor of a manager Renteria is. Didn't think it could get too much worse than RV, but everyday it's a pitcher left in too long... bullpen mismanaged... an absurd bunt call. 

Just hangs his starters out to dry when they've clearly lost their stuff. Couldn't be more obvious that Shields was cashed last inning. Sending him back out with 100 pitches... Golly man.

• Like 1

Just now, Richie said:

I am astonished by how poor of a manager Renteria is. Didn't think it could get too much worse than RV, but everyday it's a pitcher left in too long... bullpen mismanaged... an absurd bunt call. 

Just hangs his starters out to dry when they've clearly lost their stuff. Couldn't be more obvious that Shields was cashed last inning. Sending him back out with 100 pitches... Golly man.

Yeah, seemed pretty dumb.  Almost seems like Renteria is in on the tank.

• Like 1

Pathetic effort. Shields is no good but he has been good enough to throw some innings on the major league level this year. Some contender that desperately needs a No. 5 starter could send the Sox a low level fringe prospect you'd think. I don't know why I care. It would just provide the Sox salary relief and I'd prefer Jerry not make so much money to begin with. Anyhow, Shields has had enough non horrible outings you'd think he'd be a useful No. 4 or 5 for a contender. I'm sure I'm not saying anything Hahn isn't thinking about to continue to save Jerry some dough in a lost season.

2 minutes ago, Insp said:

Looks like the Brewers are making up for yesterday.

We done nothing wrong as far as I can see , the Brewers have put in a very professional performance today.