Davidson back, Skole/Gonzalez to AAA

southsider2k5

Nice to have Davidson back,hope he doesn't take too long to get into a groove again. I wonder if they're still working Yolmer in the OF at all, wouldn't mind Yolmer taking Trayce AB's in L/RF, Davidson at 3rd and Palka DH

5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Nice to have Davidson back,hope he doesn't take too long to get into a groove again. I wonder if they're still working Yolmer in the OF at all, wouldn't mind Yolmer taking Trayce AB's in L/RF, Davidson at 3rd and Palka DH

I endorse this.

Yesterday at the game I was staring at a Tilson, Engel, Thompson outfield and I was just thinking "this...this is not good"

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I endorse this.

Yesterday at the game I was staring at a Tilson, Engel, Thompson outfield and I was just thinking "this...this is not good"

Thought it was one of the few OF this year that didn't include at least one little league level defender in Delmonico or Palka.  Those guys can all at least defend their positions.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Thought it was one of the few OF this year that didn't include at least one little league level defender in Delmonico or Palka.  Those guys can all at least defend their positions.

yes we have a wonderful see-saw of "competent MLB hitters/worst defenders of all time" or "competent mlb defenders/worse hitters of all time",

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bmags said:

yes we have a wonderful see-saw of "competent MLB hitters/worst defenders of all time" or "competent mlb defenders/worse hitters of all time",

Hence the reason they were all available off the scrap heap. Except Engel who they drafted.

Edited by ptatc

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Are Alex Presley and Michael Saunders going to get any chances w/ the Sox ? I know they are veterans and in their early 30's and I have no idea how they field . I'm guessing they are mediocre at both at this stage of their careers but can combine a little hitting with a little defense.

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are Alex Presley and Michael Saunders going to get any chances w/ the Sox ? I know they are veterans and in their early 30's and I have no idea how they field . I'm guessing they are mediocre at both at this stage of their careers but can combine a little hitting with a little defense.

It would be my guess but I doubt it.  I mean more injuries could happen, god knows we have Charlie Tilson on the roster right now, but I don't think the Sox want to add anyone else to the 40 man roster at this point so they will take the pain of playing whoever is on it.  The 40 is full, so to add someone means they have to subtract someone else, plus they are still going to be making a spot for Rodon in a week or so, plus have Kopech looming by September at the latest.  That is two roster spots, or two more people to remove.

Leury sounded like he should be back fairly quickly.  No idea what is going on with Avi, but he should be back soon enough, last projection was the end of June.  Nicky went on the DL for a 4 to 6 week injury about two weeks ago.

Oh yea roster issues. Saunders had a career year in 2016 and is always injured. I know I wanted him a few years ago when he was a buy low candidate always seemed like a good field, potential to hit guy . Just not sure how much injuries have damaged him but he has pop and takes walks and used to play CF so he'd probably be our best option for a corner spot if Avi and Delmonico stay out longer and Tilson should probably still in AAA  . But no pressing need for him at this point I suppose.

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Oh yea roster issues. Saunders had a career year in 2016 and is always injured. I know I wanted him a few years ago when he was a buy low candidate always seemed like a good field, potential to hit guy . Just not sure how much injuries have damaged him but he has pop and takes walks and used to play CF so he'd probably be our best option for a corner spot if Avi and Delmonico stay out longer and Tilson should probably still in AAA  . But no pressing need for him at this point I suppose.

The other part of things is that it really doesn't matter if those guys all continue to suck.  In fact it gives the White Sox a chance to answer questions about guys like Engel, Tilson, and Thompson.  I could be totally wrong but I don't think that the Sox will move on either Pressley or Saunders unless another injury happens quickly.  In fact I think the more likely scenario is that one of them is released when Eloy is ready to take over in Charlotte.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

If only we could combine them, but knowing our luck we'd just get the wrong combination of tools.