The 2018 MLB Draft Thread (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

Or they are running a website and trying to stir things up to get some attention.

I mean if you listened to the podcast where they said it it definitely did not sound like a planned thing they doing to get more views. It was also a podcast so its not like it got them page views.

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I believe in the past Eric suggested Moncada to 3B.

Yeah he loves Madrigal at 2b. I think sox will keep TA and Moncada where they are and move Madrigal all around.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Holy fuck yes!!  Thank the love of god they drafted Madrigal!  It appears that the Singer stuff was misdirection.  Either way, we got our guy and that’s all that matters!

Now take the best HS prospect available at #46 and call this day a huge win!

Can't help but think Singer was more in the mix until his last start.

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

I mean if you listened to the podcast where they said it it definitely did not sound like a planned thing they doing to get more views. It was also a podcast so its not like it got them page views.

Still gets them listens, and shares.  But either way, ok maybe that's not why they are doing it.  I just don't get why everything they say and do is taken as gospel.  Just me though.

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

They also said there was a split and so they guessed the person with power would win. It didn’t, which should be a testament to the Sox process, including KW.

I don’t live Callis for player evals but dang is he good at mock drafts.

Just now, bmags said:

They also said there was a split and so they guessed the person with power would win. It didn’t, which should be a testament to the Sox process, including KW.

I don’t live Callis for player evals but dang is he good at mock drafts.

We have to remember this for the future. It could help us from going insane next year. 

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah he loves Madrigal at 2b. I think sox will keep TA and Moncada where they are and move Madrigal all around.

Kinda hope they put Madrigal there. Timmy and Moncada are insane athletically but both are still raw in a sense. Plus there's the language barrier on the field. 

7:52
The sound Kiley made when the Padres took Weathers, who we've had connected to them for a while and chose to mock Libby, last minute, instead, was unlike any sound I've previously heard him make.

We anticipate Weathers is under slot here

owu
Any case for Weathers as the best option straight up, or purely as an underslot decision?

Eric A Longenhagen
Purely under slot

1 minute ago, BlackSox13 said:

I really don't like the idea of moving Moncada but his athleticism makes him more versatile to move to another position than Madrigal. 

Yoan wont be moving anytime soon.