6/5- Sox at Twins doubleheader, 3:10

flavum

I continue to think that this off season the Sox won't be a player for any of the "Superstars" that are going to be available.

Too many things working against them. Hope I'm wrong, it would be a tremendous get...but I don't think its going to happen.

So what the Sox CAN do, and should do in my opinion is concentrate on improving the pitching staff specifically the bullpen.

Next year they need to show some progress on the field in the won / loss category. Getting some guys who can actually hold leads is the easiest way to do that. 

They simply can't bring back the same cast of guys next year in the bullpen...they just can't do that. 

2 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Oh no doubt, the curve ball he has is legit, but damn if he knows where it's going. At least right now. I don't believe he has forgotten how to pitch.

His change and slider are damn good too, but he leaves his change at the top-middle of the zone 99% of the time, and he doesn't know where the slider is going either. I tend to agree with Hawk about RHP, where if they have both a curve and slider they should experiment with them in the 1st couple innings and stick with the one that is working best the rest of the game. The only time he gets swings and misses on his change is when he misses belt high and a little outside. 

So where is this "lights out" off speed stuff?  I see a guy with a shit fastball, no command, little control, and a flat breaking ball and a shit changeup.  If you were scouting this guy on the Juco fields you'd think "huh, might be a nice 10th rounder".

Seems like a mental midget as well.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

So where is this "lights out" off speed stuff?  I see a guy with a shit fastball, no command, little control, and a flat breaking ball and a shit changeup.

Yep his offspeed stuff sucks. Anyone can spike a curve.

Just now, Replacement Level Poster said:

I nderstand it’s a developmental year, but at some point this has to be counterproductive.

Hes not even close now completely out of whack like fathom said.

Needs to be in AAA.  This isn't working at all.  Put him with someone that's actually fixed him.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep his offspeed stuff sucks. Anyone can spike a curve.

it doesn't suck, if you look at movement. He has no command of it. If he gets it over the plate hitters will start to miss it. He either leaves it up in the zone or throws it in the dirt. 

Edited by Jack Parkman