It’s Game Day in Chicago 6/24 A’s and Sox

23 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

So you take a fifth of the game off just because? Stay home then. What’s even the point of showing up?

He's on his farewell tour. Why do you gotta nitpick everything?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

For all of the talk about professionalism,  the speculation with a lack of information is immature at best.

Yep! What amazes me it's on a day when Rodon pitched great, Yoan with a HR and 6 rbi, and some clutch hitting from Engel/Narvaez. Oh and we had a Yolmer bomb as well. Yet the focus is on the lack of Hawk for the last few innings. I mean no disrespect towards anyone but it's being petty.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Yep! What amazes me it's on a day when Rodon pitched great, Yoan with a HR and 6 rbi, and some clutch hitting from Engel/Narvaez. Oh and we had a Yolmer bomb as well. Yet the focus is on the lack of Hawk for the last few innings. I mean no disrespect towards anyone but it's being petty.

That's also a good way to look at it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

+1

• Like 1

I wonder if Hawk was ill. Great win. I imagine the Moncada naysayers (there aren't many) feel silly. The guy is a talent. I'll give Hahn credit for getting him in that trade. And my gawd. Palka's home run was hard to believe. Watch the replay. It was a fricking laser beam. There has to be room for that guy in our future. Work with him, sox. He can hit. Next year will be his age 27 season. No spring chicken especially to the age-niks, but again. That HR was KILLED.

Always nice to see Avi get a hit. He's having such a bad year compared to last year's multi-hitfest. And of course our starting pitcher. So happy to see him dominate. Some nights the Sox show some promise. Many they don't. GO SOX!

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic