Twins @ Sox 1:10 WGN Odorizzi vs Giolito

Great, yay Sox, #3 pick.  Whatever.  Would rather have a new manager.

At least Giolito is finally showing signs of turning things around, but Moncada’s really looking lost on both sides of the ball.  Some highlight plays, routine errors and just plain Lackadaisical ones that shouldn’t even be close.

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

I hate to say it. But I'm glad. They had chances. Everybody just swung wild no one played the situation. Winning teams shorten up and get it done. Too much greed and boneheaded play. Anderson starting to get in the Alexei dumb category...

He blocked the bag with his foot...that used to be illegal.  Next time, you go in feet first and he’ll rethink that strategy.

At least he’s hitting, and on pace for 25 or 30/30.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Great, yay Sox, #3 pick.  Whatever.  Would rather have a new manager.

At least Giolito is finally showing signs of turning things around, but Moncada’s really looking lost on both sides of the ball.  Some highlight plays, routine errors and just plain Lackadaisical ones that shouldn’t even be close.

Not a horrible tank loss in that Giolito was good and Anderson's been playing great of late. Also hopes establish how out of his league Renteria is.

Just now, elrockinMT said:

Frustrating loss but for all the criticism I didn’t see any on Moncada on his six RBI game

It's crazy how much one game affects people's perceptions of a player. Just yesterday Moncada was on his way back and was a budding star. Now he's a bust and a lost cause less than 24 hours later. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Listening to the radio feed, you could swear it was a spring training game at the Twins’ facility...Sox fans were definitely outnumbered.

Both teams suck, but weekend shopping and sightseeing in Chicago!

Guarantee there was big Twins contingent so they can go to Wrigley this weekend

Just now, elrockinMT said:

Frustrating loss but for all the criticism I didn’t see any on Moncada on his six RBI game

He needs to be at least a 750 ops hitter and concentrate/focus more defensively.

Has even admitted that fact.

We can make excuses for everyone, the sun got in Tilson’s eyes, blah blah blah...but major league players need to execute.  Moncada needs to practice his bunting more or Renteria needs to be fired.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He blocked the bag with his foot...that used to be illegal.  Next time, you go in feet first and he’ll rethink that strategy.

At least he’s hitting, and on pace for 25 or 30/30.

What does him blocking the bag do with it? Its losing your cool. Costing your team that's the bonehead. 

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

What does him blocking the bag do with it? Its losing your cool. Costing your team that's the bonehead. 

Why don't you get mad every time a player loses his cool and gets ejected? Why is it only a problem when Anderson does it? 

Cause Anderson is a damn hotdog, shut up and play...And I don't know where your getting I only get mad at anderson and not the others.... I don't like dumb baseball, these guys play for thousands and millions of dollars... And the other thing I hate is that I see a trend with the sox liking no fundamentals in players and not instilling them in the low levels...

Of course they have a completely disheartening, awful, no good loss as they try and go for four in a row.

Maybe this will cheer some of us up.

THE MOTHERFUCKERS DON'T EVEN WORK.  85% of the world is working, the other 15% come out here [to day baseball].  PLAYGROUND FOR THE COCKSUCKERS.  THEY TALK ABOUT THE GREAT FUCKING SUPPORT THE PLAYERS GET AROUND HERE.  I HAVEN'T FUCKING SEEN IT.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

what part of PR you from?  I've spend a fair amount of time on the island.  Saddened to see what happened with the Hurricane.

North part. Where did you go? I haven't been down there in 10 yrs

Just now, JoshPR said:

North part. Where did you go? I haven't been down there in 10 yrs

About 7 years ago I rented a place down in Isla Verde (calle Urano, lol) for about 5 weeks.  This was after my dad passed and I had a bit of money and time to figure shit out, was still in my mid 20s.  Also spent a week in San Juan as a teen with my parents.

When I was there last time we took a couple days and drove all around the island.  Saw pretty much all of it including El Yungue and Arecibo and the poorer southern side.  I'm a huge fan of cuchifritos and mufongo but here in the PNW there's no good PR joints IMO.  I had a bunch in NYC I liked but none here, they are all really mediocre.  Not nearly enough garlic in the mufongo.

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

I grew up between arecibo and San Juan. Was about 35/40 minutes drive to either. Pudge Rodriguez and Juan Gonzalez are from my home town

Sweet, when I was down there it seemed like basketball was the most popular sport, it's nice to see a new generation of the PR players starting to arrive up into the big leagues again.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sweet, when I was down there it seemed like basketball was the most popular sport, it's nice to see a new generation of the PR players starting to arrive up into the big leagues again.

Yeah you're right. Basketball is still big. From what I've heard baseball is making a comeback

Giolito pitched his ass off today. Second good start in a row for that kid. Very encouraging. 

Was so happy to see the Sox get that run in the 9th inning and get him off the hook...no way in hell he deserved a loss.

Speaking of the 9th inning that was the most excited I've been watching a Sox inning in a long time, was standing hoping they'd end it.

I have no idea what Moncada was looking for or thinking in that 9th inning at-bat. That pitch was perfect for a left hander (I know I am one) and should have been ripped, instead he stands there. Kid flashes potential but man he's got a long, long, looonnnggg way to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Giolito pitched his ass off today. Second good start in a row for that kid. Very encouraging. 

Was so happy to see the Sox get that run in the 9th inning and get him off the hook...no way in hell he deserved a loss.

Speaking of the 9th inning that was the most excited I've been watching a Sox inning in a long time, was standing hoping they'd end it.

I have no idea what Moncada was looking for or thinking in that 9th inning at-bat. That pitch was perfect for a left hander (I know I am one) and should have been ripped, instead he stands there. Kid flashes potential but man he's got a long, long, looonnnggg way to go.

Sure looks like he was overrated as the Number 1 Prospect.  Still, potentially too good to give up on.

40 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Maybe we are impatient with him. Has he even played a full season yet? 

This season is his first where he's been in the majors before mid-July. He's got 500 MLB ABs, but this is his first season in MLB from April-October. 

Edited by Jack Parkman