Morosi Speculation: Sox potential landing spot for DeGrom, Syndergaard

Sockin

5 minutes ago, Sockin said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-could-have-surprise-suitors-at-deadline/c-283890088?tid=282421090

I don't buy this one. DeGrom is a FA in 2 years and Syndergaard has the injury history..

Clickbait, nothing more. One of Jimenez/Kopech/Robert would have to be included, which for me would be a hard pass at this stage of the rebuild. 

8 minutes ago, Sockin said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-could-have-surprise-suitors-at-deadline/c-283890088?tid=282421090

I don't buy this one. DeGrom is a FA in 2 years and Syndergaard has the injury history..

Could be the Mets trying to name drop the Sox/Padres because they have good farms, hoping that some team that could actually use them now would up their ante on prospects.

I don’t see it either. It seems like the front office is not going to rush see this through. 

if the Sox wanted they could pull off a trade for just about anybody at the deadline of the offseason. That being said is never hurts to listen and offer if for nothing but to gain intelligence on how your guys are valued in the industry.

I would trade Moncada/Cease/Hansen or Dunning/ and another top 20-30 prospect for Noah. You would obviously have to get a medical clearance on his arm but dude is a legit ace when healthy. Kid is under control until 2021 and would make a nasty combo with Kopech. 

Madrigal could take over second for Moncada. Yolmer could play second until Madrigal is ready. 

The Sox would need to be committed to spending big $ to make this happen though. Try your best to sign Machado or Arenado. Have Moose from KC as Plan C. 

Sign Herrera/Allen/Britton to be your closer. 

Pony up for one of Corbin/Morton/Kuechel.

A starting rotation of below would be sick

1. Thor
  2. Corbin
  3. Rodon
  4. Kopech
  5. Lopez/Stephens/Giolito/Fulmer/Covey/Adams (One of these kids will stick as a#5) 

Wouldn't surprise me; after the mini-retool in 2014, this front office's first move was to trade young players for 1 year of Samardzija's services off of 73 wins. No telling what the plans are to build this team up - just hope the FO gets it right this time.

6 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Wouldn't surprise me; after the mini-retool in 2014, this front office's first move was to trade young players for 1 year of Samardzija's services off of 73 wins. No telling what the plans are to build this team up - just hope the FO gets it right this time.

Retool <> rebuild and the fact Reinsdorf is behind this is incredibly important & should not be understated.

21 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I would trade Moncada/Cease/Hansen or Dunning/ and another top 20-30 prospect for Noah. You would obviously have to get a medical clearance on his arm but dude is a legit ace when healthy. Kid is under control until 2021 and would make a nasty combo with Kopech. 

Madrigal could take over second for Moncada. Yolmer could play second until Madrigal is ready. 

The Sox would need to be committed to spending big $ to make this happen though. Try your best to sign Machado or Arenado. Have Moose from KC as Plan C. 

Sign Herrera/Allen/Britton to be your closer. 

Pony up for one of Corbin/Morton/Kuechel.

A starting rotation of below would be sick

1. Thor
  2. Corbin
  3. Rodon
  4. Kopech
  5. Lopez/Stephens/Giolito/Fulmer/Covey/Adams (One of these kids will stick as a#5) 

Glad you're a poster on a message board and not involved in the day to day operations of the Sox front office.  Heck, if that were the case, Moncada would have been traded for a bag of balls already. 

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Glad you're a poster on a message board and not involved in the day to day operations of the Sox front office.  Heck, if that were the case, Moncada would have been traded for a bag of balls already. 

How is Synnergaard a bag of balls? Dude has proven himself at the MLB level. 

Jury is still out on Moncada. 

8 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Syndergaard is not a bag of balls.  But your hate for Moncada is quite obvious.  

This team has no business trading significant controllable assets of any kind for a player that is not going to be part of next core from 2020-2025.  It's completely idiotic at this juncture.  Not to mention a pitcher that has had a very hard time staying healthy. 

Don't get me wrong, I could see the Sox targeting a big free agent to speed things up this winter.  What I can't see is trading a bucket of assets for a guy who will be leaving once this all gets rolling.  They have shown too much patience in moving guys up the ladder since they started this, and seem to be content doing so.  Not sure why that would change now with them off to a terrible start.

20 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

So instead of waiting & seeing what we have in Moncada because that would actually take some time, let’s trade him for an asset that doesn’t really fit our forecasted competitive window.  Makes all the sense in the world if you ask me.

If you could get Syndergaard for Kopech, Rutherford and a low level lotto ticket wouldn't you consider it? It actually makes small amount of sense to me because of the upcoming 40 man roster crunch. If there are two spots  where the Sox are loaded in the minors they are  RHP and OF, they won't have enough 40 man spots for everyone as time goes on, so why not? It takes away some of the uncertainty of some of the minor league RHP, and they do have an issue with a 40 man roster crunch and not enough spots in the rotation for all of the pitchers to get here around the same time, so I actually think it is feasible to do something like this. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you could get Syndergaard for Kopech, Rutherford and a low level lotto ticket wouldn't you consider it? It actually makes small amount of sense to me because of the upcoming 40 man roster crunch. If there are two spots  where the Sox are loaded in the minors they are  RHP and OF, they won't have enough 40 man spots for everyone as time goes on, so why not? It takes away some of the uncertainty of some of the minor league RHP, and they do have an issue with a 40 man roster crunch and not enough spots in the rotation for all of the pitchers to get here around the same time, so I actually think it is feasible to do something like this. 

If we traded Michael Kopech straight up for Syndergaard I’d stop being a White Sox fan immediately.  There is no logic whatsoever in that type of move.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If we traded Michael Kopech straight up for Syndergaard I’d stop being a White Sox fan immediately.  There is no logic whatsoever in that type of move.

Actually, there is. 1. 40 man crunch 2. RHP surplus. 3. Taking complete uncertainty into significantly less uncertainty. If there was any training staff I'd trust to keep Thor heathy, it would be the Sox. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Actually, there is. 1. 40 man crunch 2. RHP surplus. 3. Taking complete uncertainty into significantly less uncertainty. If there was any training staff I'd trust to keep Thor heathy, it would be the Sox. 

a 1 for 1 deal does nothing for the 40 man roster crunch, in fact the opposite because Kopech is currently not on the 40 man.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

a 1 for 1 deal does nothing for the 40 man roster crunch, in fact the opposite because Kopech is currently not on the 40 man.

A 1-1 deal wouldn't get it done, so why discuss that. It would take slightly less than the Sox got for Sale to get Thor 

35 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you could get Syndergaard for Kopech, Rutherford and a low level lotto ticket wouldn't you consider it? 

No.  I wouldn't do Syndergaard for Kopech straight up.  People, the dude is going to be a FA right when the Sox window is opening!!! AND he's always hurt!!