Luis Robert returns from the DL

Jake

Only 10 days after earning a promotion to Class A Advanced Winston-Salem, the White Sox No. 3 prospect has landed on the seven-day disabled list, retroactive to June 29. Robert injured his left thumb during the first four-hit game of his career Thursday against Frederick. The White Sox reportedly don't consider the issue serious and are just being cautious with the outfielder.

It's the same thumb he sprained during Spring Training, which kept sidelined for the first eight weeks of the season.

per https://www.milb.com/milb/news/winston-salem-dash-place-luis-robert-on-seven-day-disabled-list/c-283818818?tcid=tw_article_283818818

Haven't seen any discussion of this elsewhere on Soxtalk for whatever reason. Any other details known?

30 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

So that injury was never fully healed to begin with? What crap news. Kid needs to learn the baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint.

yeah...however...a thumb injury REALLY takes a long time to completely heal from my experience.  Sucks he's missed so much time....typical Sox horseshit luck tho.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

So that injury was never fully healed to begin with? What crap news. Kid needs to learn the baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint.

He had plenty of time for the first injury to heal. Sounds like he just had another injury. Needs to stop leading with his hand. 

The fact that the bulk of the missed time is due to a thumb injury makes me less worried than I'd otherwise be. I had what I believe to be the same thing happen to my thumb when I was playing ball and it took a long time to start feeling normal even after the pain had subsided. I always felt like if I wasn't careful the ligament felt like it could easily get re-aggravated.

At any rate, I'm not worried about a prospect who has weak hand ligaments. If he was constantly getting serious hamstring or knee injuries or something like that, I'd be more concerned.

16 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Has anyone made trite references to his fragility yet? If not, insert one here.

I don't know why that would be frowned upon. Last year, he didn't play in the States and was basically playing slightly higher than High School baseball and got hurt. Lost half season. This year, hurt in spring training, gets some ABs, still rusty, hurt again. 201 plate appearances and who knows if he has any left this year. 

None of the injuries are serious, but they have been constant, and some guys are like that. Hopefully he isn't, but it isn't a good start. 

21 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't know why that would be frowned upon. Last year, he didn't play in the States and was basically playing slightly higher than High School baseball and got hurt. Lost half season. This year, hurt in spring training, gets some ABs, still rusty, hurt again. 201 plate appearances and who knows if he has any left this year. 

None of the injuries are serious, but they have been constant, and some guys are like that. Hopefully he isn't, but it isn't a good start. 

Derrek Rose-esque...with less success/experience obviously