Soria traded for Kodi Medeiros and Wilber Perez.

Sleepy Harold

Just now, GenericUserName said:

I feel like the board is much higher on Medeiros than some of the analysts and the Brewers fans I saw talking about it, so I don't know how to feel. 

Well he doesn't throw very hard and has the control issues so I'd say his ceiling and floor are both lower than some have said.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well he doesn't throw very hard and has the control issues so I'd say his ceiling and floor are both lower than some have said.

That K rate is pretty sexy tho for a 22 year lefty in AA.  Seems like a guy that can get whiffs, regardless of how hard he's throwing.

Longenhangen's velo report is lower than what Baseball America and MLB Pipeline report.

Also a tip for looking at his stats: Make sure to account for the very high number of hit batsmen; his walk numbers appear just about decent until you account for that.

28 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

That Perez dude is 20 and playing in the DSL. Kinda strange

Hopefully heads to AZL and does well, 21 YO in KAN isn't bad

6 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Rule 5 guy, which seems to be the vogue. 2 interesting pitchers.
Sox will have to make some decisions on AAA guys, maybe try to move a few more before August,  and clear out the Skoles, etc.

Are guys that were elgible for Rule 5 last year (like Guerrero) eligible this year again?

Sox can cut bait with Avilan, Cedeno, Gomez, MInaya, Volstad, MiGo, Santiago, Shields, Garneau, Skole, and LaMarre as open 40 spots

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Whats interesting is that the new pipeline right up said he was sitting 92-95 last year after bulking up which was better than when he was drafted. Longenhagen just he is high 80s/ low 90s, but I wonder if that is the most recent info or from before he made the improvement last year. It will be interesting to get more info once we get some of our guys eyes on him. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Hopefully heads to AZL and does well, 21 YO in KAN isn't bad

Are guys that were elgible for Rule 5 last year (like Guerrero) eligible this year again?

Sox can cut bait with Avilan, Cedeno, Gomez, MInaya, Volstad, MiGo, Santiago, Shields, Garneau, Skole, and LaMarre as open 40 spots

I believe so, yes.   Veterans can be rule 5d - see Gose last year.
There are plenty they can dump, but hopefully they can trade a few, so they have room to pick up more for next year. Also, they will have their own prospects become rule 5 eligible for the first time this year.

Edited by GreenSox

Just now, GreenSox said:

I believe so, yes.  There are plenty they can dump, but hopefully they can trade a few, so they have room to pick up more for next year. Also, they will have their own prospects become rule 5 eligible for the first time this year.

Like who?

Guys like Kevan Smith can be dealt as well

The MLB Pipeline writeup specifically mentions Medeiros having lost velocity from the time he was drafted and later got it back. Wouldn't be surprising that people have different notes on velocity if it has bounced around so much.