Sox Acquire Caleb Frare from NYY for Intl Pool Money

PolishPrince34

2 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Literally 3 of LAD top 18 prospects were signed for 300K or less. It can be done.

I wrote this about the White Sox signing class: http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2018/07/international-signing-day-2018-white-sox-sign-5-players/

They did fine. I'd much rather have close to major league ready potential impact LH reliever than 5 LAtAM kids for $300K. This trade was fine. They still have another $2 million to deal as well. I'll start complaining next year when they have $$ to spend and they aren't landing impact talent. 

They've done a decent job of late with multiple prospects stateside and making an impact. 

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Brad Bach is bad and a free agent after the season. You should feel fine about the White Sox trade 

Yeah, after looking at his actual stats my reaction was "meh". Its a potential good pitcher for 6 years vs a replacement level one for the remainder of one year. Seems like 6 times the value is about right.

1 hour ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

It's like.. you don't know how any of this stuff works and just like to complain about the FO. My goodness ?.

I'm well aware of how this works. Yankees should send a huge thank you note to the whitesox they got to dump someone who they were going to lose in the rule 5 anyways plus got the money to sign the number 5 IFA with more then half left over.

I understand we can't go after some of the top guys but 1.5 million can get you a ton of the midrange guys who won't go for more then 300K anyways.

9 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I'm well aware of how this works. Yankees should send a huge thank you note to the whitesox they got to dump someone who they were going to lose in the rule 5 anyways plus got the money to sign the number 5 IFA with more then half left over.

I understand we can't go after some of the top guys but 1.5 million can get you a ton of the midrange guys who won't go for more then 300K anyways.

The Sox still have over $2M in INTL dollars.  They did sign a handful of guys for $300k or less.  There are only so many teams (the sox have 1 less than most teams) for these guys to play on.  

It's much better for them to trade the dollars than just not spend them.  The Sox literally spent $50M on Robert a year ago...calling them cheap is in that department is a bit silly at this juncture.