Sox Acquire Caleb Frare from NYY for Intl Pool Money

PolishPrince34

This seems like a guy who's stuff is good, not great, but his numbers play so far above his stuff that there must be something that isn't reflected in the stuff grades that makes him better. It sounds like the deception of his delivery really helps him and I have to wonder if there is something about his pitch tunneling that makes him so good. 

24 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

They can in 300K or lower increments. 

Padres signed 9 international players at 300K bonuses each.

Was about to post that but I thought the number was 250K. Regardless tons of impact guys getting signed for less then 300K every year.

3 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Was about to post that but I thought the number was 250K. Regardless tons of impact guys getting signed for less then 300K every year.

We already signed five or so guys in this period.  Realistically we can’t spend our entire allotment.  Also, we have less minor league teams than most organizations. While I think that’s incredibly stupid, we probably don’t have room for a dozen or so signings in one class.

So I have thoughts on this but will try to be short:

- our small class this year I think is an example of our limitations STILL in latam market. Those guys (300k and below) can go anywhere and so relationships matter, we still are rebuilding so many relationships and creating new ones. When money isn’t a factor it makes it hard. Compare that with Preller who has lived in LatAm for years.

- because of that limitation, Sox probably rightfully have instead opted for using the money toward trades for spects.

So it’s a good news/bad news thing for me. Sox are pursuing probably their best strategy available but I think it’s still an example of how the org is trying to dig itself out of the wilder crater.

1 hour ago, Jake said:

What in the world would Aaron Bummer have to do to get his spot back on the MLB club?

Pitch better than he did last night. He and Fulmer struggled in the 7/8th w walks( Fulmer)  and hits  (Bummer) against the PawSox.  Bummer did have a nice pickoff to his credit. 

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I wonder if adding Frare & Medeiros means the Sox are more open to moving Fry if the right package came along. 

Almost identical birthdays too and same age. Fry is obviously way ahead of him but interesting thought. 

Teammate of Tito Polo for a while too. 

3 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

It is, but I was just pointing out that they could still sign a bunch of players even with the limitations.  They need to keep the lower levels stocked.

Edited by GreenSox

14 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

The Orioles just traded Brad Brach for $250K in international slot money. I don't know how that makes me feel about our trade. 

Brad Bach is bad and a free agent after the season. You should feel fine about the White Sox trade 

• Like 2