Alex Calling

zisk

Alex has been killing it at AA for a month. He also played very well in 2016 before injuries took a toll last season.

What will he become in the future? He's 23, which leaves enough time for more development. Is he going to be a

good 4th outfielder or  an everyday player? His skill set reminds me quite a bit of Alex Gordon. With as many out-

fielders as the Sox have he might get lost in the shuffle. Could end up a Rule #5 steal for some other club.

Call’s resurgence is making our outfield situation even more crowded. Which three of these players will make up the starting outfield in our competitive years?

Avi, Eloy, Robert, Basabe, Gonzalez, Rutherford, Call, Booker, Adolfo, Cordell 

Who else am I forgetting?

58 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Call’s resurgence is making our outfield situation even more crowded. Which three of these players will make up the starting outfield in our competitive years?

I'll put my money on Avi, Robert, and Jiminez

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

I'll put my money on Avi, Robert, and Jiminez

2 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Moncada/ Anderson?

2 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Oh,  and Steele Walker. 

21 hours ago, zisk said:

Alex has been killing it at AA for a month. He also played very well in 2016 before injuries took a toll last season.

What will he become in the future? He's 23, which leaves enough time for more development. Is he going to be a

good 4th outfielder or  an everyday player? His skill set reminds me quite a bit of Alex Gordon. With as many out-

fielders as the Sox have he might get lost in the shuffle. Could end up a Rule #5 steal for some other club.

Call isn't a bad prospect by any means, but he doesn't have a ton of upside to profile as a regular in the outfield. He's not really fast enough to cover center field, and lacks the power to profile as a corner. The upside is a solid 4th outfielder/bench bat, which our system has a ton of depth at right now. 

Jimenez/Robert/Rutherford/Adolfo/Basabe/Gonzalez/Walker/Call/Booker are all battling for a couple spots. 

23 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

I wouldn't be too surprised to see an off season trade of a couple of those guys for maybe a major leaguer who plugs a major league hole or someone like Ryan Mountcastle even though Os will be rebuilding they could use some minor league depth .

9 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

I remember he was the prospect I was most excited about a few years ago. How things have changed...

Why? He is out performing many of the more highly touted prospects.

On 7/29/2018 at 1:41 PM, SoxBlanco said:

I think if you add Walker, you pretty much have all of the serious contenders.