Now It's Us

I was getting sick of hearing that the Cubs hadn't won a post-season series in 95 years, yada yada, when I realized - the White Sox now hold the dubious distinction of the longest post-season dry spell. We were the world champs in 1917, putting us one year longer than the Red Sox.

So at least we got that going for us.

That whole idea is cheap. Back in 1908 you actually had to win a pennant to get into the post season. The post season was the WS period. Now the playoffs are cheapened and 8 teams make it. The "post season" doesn't have the same meaning it used to. I'm still hoping it won't go any further for the Cubs, but if its does you ain't seen nuthin yet.

Even before the cubs won last night, the White Sox owned the title of worst pre-expansion franchise of all time. Now we are even deeper in the whole :angry:

My reasoning is that we have appeared in fewer World Series than the cubs, and the Red Sox are better than both the Sox and cubs, because the Red Sox are usually competitive, until they meet up with the Yankees, while the Sox and cubs are historically losers (with the exception of a few decades).