7/31 Games

TheTruth05

2 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

I hope they push him to Great Falls before the season is over. If they do there would probably be a good chance he could be in full season ball next year. 

I don't think Great Falls is a requirement. I would think there's a good chance he starts the year in Kanny just because he's been so good in Arizona. If he struggles for a couple months, they might send him to Great Falls in the summer.

42 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

15.4% BB rate vs 7.7% K rate, with a cool 216 wRC+. Bush's contact rate and plate discipline is insanely impressive for his age.

It's  crazy. Maybe they finally picked a good one from HS. When was the last one, Baines?

Edited by ptatc

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

It's  crazy. Maybe they finally picked a good one from HS. When was the last one, Baines?

On the pitching side, last good pick was Gio Gonzalez. The the positional side, you have to go back to Ryan Sweeney or Chris Young. 

On a side note, boy I thought the 2006 draft was awful for us, but luckily Hector Santiago was the saving grace. 2012 is hands down our worst draft since 2000, 2015 could also be on its way to being historically bad. Others in contention are the 2000 and 2009 draft.

8 hours ago, danman31 said:

I don't think Great Falls is a requirement. I would think there's a good chance he starts the year in Kanny just because he's been so good in Arizona.

Yep. Said that in the GT yesterday. He should be in Kanny next season. 

17 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

On the pitching side, last good pick was Gio Gonzalez. The the positional side, you have to go back to Ryan Sweeney or Chris Young. 

On a side note, boy I thought the 2006 draft was awful for us, but luckily Hector Santiago was the saving grace. 2012 is hands down our worst draft since 2000, 2015 could also be on its way to being historically bad. Others in contention are the 2000 and 2009 draft.

2015 is actually better than I thought. Only having 3 picks in the top 150 is killer especially when you pay full slot for Fulmer. Zevala and Stephens, if mlb contributors, would be a pretty nice draft all things considered. Obviously you don't want to tank an 8th overall pick but it happens.

43 minutes ago, bmags said:

2015 is actually better than I thought. Only having 3 picks in the top 150 is killer especially when you pay full slot for Fulmer. Zevala and Stephens, if mlb contributors, would be a pretty nice draft all things considered. Obviously you don't want to tank an 8th overall pick but it happens.

The reason I put 2015 as a possible worst draft is how many of those guys are already out of baseball. 75% of those guys haven't even been on the prospect radar, compared to the 2016 and 2017 drafts. Only guys who has potential to turn that draft around is Stephen and Zavala, and maybe Mendick, Zangari and Dopico.

13 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

The reason I put 2015 as a possible worst draft is how many of those guys are already out of baseball. 75% of those guys haven't even been on the prospect radar, compared to the 2016 and 2017 drafts. Only guys who has potential to turn that draft around is Stephen and Zavala, and maybe Mendick, Zangari and Dopico.

Yeah, it was just a doomed to fail draft depth wise. Made worse by a bad first pick. But few picks plus low budget make it hard to have a good draft.

3 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Chris Carter?