White Sox trade INTL $ to TB for Hunter Schryver, assigned to WS

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, bmags said:

You can't trade future intl money so it's 2018 money.

How does that do them any good? it is past July 2 so I don't know how this isn't 2019 money. I'm not sure when the period is, because if the 2018 period ends on 7/2/2019, then that means they're in the box for another year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

How does that do them any good? it is past July 2 so I don't know how this isn't 2019 money. 

The 2018 signing period is from 18-19. The signing period starts on July 2nd. It's not just all in one day. This is a trade of 2018 allotment as, said above, you can only trade the current year allotment.

Edited by soxfan2014

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

The 2018 signing period is from 18-19. The signing period starts on July 2nd. It's not just all in one day.

So they're in the box for another season. Gotcha. That is a hell of a penalty to pay for signing Robert. We better hope he's as advertised. Sucks to not be able to sign anyone for over 300k internationally until 2020. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

How does that do them any good? it is past July 2 so I don't know how this isn't 2019 money. I'm not sure when the period is, because if the 2018 period ends on 7/2/2019, then that means they're in the box for another year. 

We're in 2018 signing period. We were also in penalty during 2017 signing period. Keep in mind Robert was signed in May of 2017, meaning it was part of 2016 period. We will be out of the penalty box come 7/2/2019

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

So they're in the box for another season. Gotcha. That is a hell of a penalty to pay for signing Robert. We better hope he's as advertised. Sucks to not be able to sign anyone for over 300k internationally until 2020. 

No. They can sign guys next summer.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Next July they will be OK. This is for this signing period.