Adam Eaton with a subtle shot at the White Sox?

Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Considering he was widely considered one of the catalysts of that dysfunctional clubhouse, he should probably not bring it up 

Yeah, the guy banging the drum for a 12-year-old to be a constant club house presence for an under performing DH...has no room to talk.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

Yeah, the guy banging the drum for a 12-year-old to be a constant club house presence for an under performing DH...has no room to talk.

Well that does make him something of an expert in clubhouses where the managers don't have any control.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Here is something that I have thought about, let's say the LaRoche business and the Sale Sissorhands event never happened and the both Sale and Eaton were good Boy Scouts, do the Sox trade them anyway and go with the rebuild?

we had this debate and imo it's not worth rehashing.  My answer is "yes".

44 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Sorry but I'm sort of new and haven't posted much here, curious was your feeling that of most? As for me I'm not sure.

It was just a lot of spit-balling on both sides but my feelings are that those guys were traded 100% for baseball reasons.  They were far and away the best assets the club had.  If any sentimentality went into it that was thrown out the window when they ditched Q last year imo.  Q is a guy that embodied the underdog, written off mentality and they shipped him off (in a great trade) as well.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It was just a lot of spit-balling on both sides but my feelings are that those guys were traded 100% for baseball reasons.  They were far and away the best assets the club had.  If any sentimentality went into it that was thrown out the window when they ditched Q last year imo.  Q is a guy that embodied the underdog, written off mentality and they shipped him off (in a great trade) as well.

I remember someone on PBS that said he was a friend of Jerry's and that Sale would not be back with the Sox after the jersey incident

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I remember someone on PBS that said he was a friend of Jerry's and that Sale would not be back with the Sox after the jersey incident

It's kinda funny how Sale hasn't pulled any of that shit in Boston.  Says something about Ventura and the other vets in tha clubhouse.  Adam was probably right fwiw, it was a shit clubhouse.  Of course Adam was part of the problem.  Adam and Sale are both guys that will fall in line behind strong leaders but in the absence of leadership will struggle to fill the void and do stupid shit.

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

If it were that serious then they would've traded Sale immediately (it happened in mid-July) IMO 

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's kinda funny how Sale hasn't pulled any of that shit in Boston.  Says something about Ventura and the other vets in tha clubhouse.  Adam was probably right fwiw, it was a shit clubhouse.  Of course Adam was part of the problem.  Adam and Sale are both guys that will fall in line behind strong leaders but in the absence of leadership will struggle to fill the void and do stupid shit.

In fairness, that was a one time thing.  He didn't have some rampant history of vandalism against the White Sox that suddenly got "fixed" by going to Boston.

And yeah, Adam was a big part of the problem and I'm still glad he's gone.

4 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

In fairness, that was a one time thing.  He didn't have some rampant history of vandalism against the White Sox that suddenly got "fixed" by going to Boston.

And yeah, Adam was a big part of the problem and I'm still glad he's gone.

It sounds like he had quite a few outbursts that the Sox didn't make public