8/2 Sox v, Royal Lopez pitching

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

WTF is Moncada doing there? He's obviously getting the low strike. 

He keeps guessing at the plate. Would love to know what exactly the coaching staff is working on him with?  He keeps letting fastballs go when that's the only pitch he can hit.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Ozzie on the Score this AM said he disagreed about pulling Anderson for lack of hustle, would hold back Jimenez debut until September 1st.

September 1st is literally the worst possible time to call him up with this CBA. Either do it now or next April. I do not understand why so many are hoping for September. 

Just now, fathom said:

He keeps guessing at the plate. Would love to know what exactly the coaching staff is working on him with?  He keeps letting fastballs go when that's the only pitch he can hit.

I really don't think it is guessing. I think it might be a pitch recognition thing. This KC pitcher has a realy nasty cutter. I think he's just not picking up this pitcher well. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I really don't think it is guessing. I think it might be a pitch recognition thing. This KC pitcher has a realy nasty cutter. I think he's just not picking up this pitcher well. 

He's always guessing out there. No other way to explain why he takes so many third strikes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

September 1st is literally the worst possible time to call him up with this CBA. Either do it now or next April. I do not understand why so many are hoping for September. 

100% agree. Same reason why Moncada came up in August last  year, along with Giolito and Lopez. Either now or in April. 

23 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I have watched about 2/3 of the games this year and out of those 70 or so I've had on the opponents broadcast 60 or so.  I can't listen to Jason.  He doesn't know anything about baseball and it appears that he hasn't taken it upon himself to learn the rule book or ask other more vet announcers how to determine how well a ball is hit off the bat.

LIke why would I watch a broadcast where the pbp guy is always behind the action because he doesn't know the rules, like on a pass ball with 1st base occupied or catchers' interference?

He's not THAT bad...would much rather have Hawk in his good years but Benetti isn't unlistenable. He's gotten better actually. Has his moments, definitely not gonna be a HOF announcer, but it's not God-awful.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

He's always guessing out there. No other way to explain why he takes so many third strikes.

He takes so many called third strikes because 75% of the time they're balls and the umps are jobbing him. This case was different. 

• Haha 1