White Sox vs Yankees 8.6 game thread

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

They've gotten here this far. How much catching experience is there between our coaches combined?

Not sure but between that and catchers coming to the Sox forgetting how to frame, it makes you wonder what the hell is going on

3 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

As opposed I guess to when Dylan Cease’s name is brought up, because he tends to gush about him.

I wonder if Kopech rubbed Stone the wrong way at spring training. Kopech does have that personality so I wouldn't be totally shocked. 

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just make Covey the closer for the rest of the year. He has no chance after the first time thru the order.

That's not a bad idea. That movement he's got will excel plus he'll likely add velocity. Good to maximize his value. At least until Burdi is ready.

Edited by SoxAce

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Even though he struck out, that was one of Moncada's better at bats. Fouled several close pitches off. That's what he needs to continue to do. 

You see him laughing when he fouled off the outside pitch and was told it was a strike?  That was good to see

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

You see him laughing when he fouled off the outside pitch and was told it was a strike?  That was good to see

Yup. I hope he puts that in his memory bank the rest of his career. Once he does that, watch out.

You know it is getting bad for a player when even his most ardent defenders can't defend him anymore. Moncada has been bad since the ASB, no ifs ands or buts about it. He's really starting to make me wonder. He doesn't look lost at the plate because he's not swinging at crap a lot, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yoan misses 93 mph low fastball.  Is Steverson even alive?

That pitch cut towards him, it was really a sneakily nasty pitch. I thought it was a solid AB all things considered though obviously I'd like to see contact in the zone there.

Sox have had this knack every august of putting together a solid string of games and then facing a "struggling" yankees team at home, and then putting on just incredibly listless games like this. No matter the players, no matter the manager, same show this decade.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

Sox have had this knack every august of putting together a solid string of games and then facing a "struggling" yankees team at home, and then putting on just incredibly listless games like this. No matter the players, no matter the manager, same show this decade.

The Yankees aren’t like most of the teams the Sox play.  I.e. the KC’s, Detroit’s, etc...notice that when the Sox play a playoff caliber team, they get smoked...See Houston, Cleveland, etc.  though I can’t explain taking 2 of 3 in Boston.

• Like 1

It's pointless to send  Moncada down with 3 weeks left in the MiLB season, but if he doesn't absolutely rake in ST next year, I don't think it wouldn't be a bad thing for him to start next season in Charlotte, if in fact I am incorrect and he has two options remaining. Let him earn his way back up.  And now he's swinging at crap. great. Also, there wasn't anything he could do with strike three there. Unfortunately, he was so incredibly up and down early in the season, that one could think he was about to figure it out only to go into another slump again. By the time it has gotten to this point, it is too late to use an option. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's pointless to send  Moncada down with 3 weeks left in the MiLB season, but if he doesn't absolutely rake in ST next year, I don't think it wouldn't be a bad thing for him to start next season in Charlotte, if in fact I am incorrect and he has two options remaining. Let him earn his way back up.  And now he's swinging at crap. great. Also, there wasn't anything he could do with strike three there. 

It would be nice if he would swing at strikes and take balls.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It would be nice if he would swing at strikes and take balls.  

Taking balls isn't really his problem, he's fine with that. It is taking strikes that look like balls to him.I'm not sure if he can recognize in game the umpire's strike zone and react accordingly. it is like he thinks that every umpire is going to have the same zone. 

Edited by Jack Parkman